Announcements

Are you new to TeamViewer and Home Office and do you need some help? Check out our FAQ here.

Highlighted
Posted by
Henagon

Using Max Focus - SolarWinds MSP Flagged Personal Account as Commercial Use.

I work as a system engineer for an IT consulting company and we use Max Focus - (Now part of SolarWinds MSP) as our client management software. The Max Focus dashboard has teamviewer built in as our take control software which I love. When I connect to a client i get a tvc file which I set to default auto open in teamviewer.

The problem is my personal teamviewer account got flagged as commercial use suspected after I worked from home a few times logging into client servers and PC's. I only noticed the block when trying to help my dad from my computers and contacts list. So I get the 5 Minute limit and then a 20 minute lock. The odd part is I can still launch .tvc files from our MaxFocus dashbaord and get no commercial use suspected messages.

1. Can I get my personal account unlocked.

2. Is there a way for me to differentiate when working from home on my personal PC with work's Max Focus (browser based) client management software and my personal use teamviewer account which I use to help out my immediate family. (Father Mother, Father in-law, and siblings in-law) 

Thank you for the read and any help 

2 Replies
Highlighted
Posted by TeamViewer Staff
TeamViewer Staff

Re: Using Max Focus - SolarWinds MSP Flagged Personal Account as Commercial Use.

Hi Hiramg,

Thanks for your post!

As TeamViewer connections using MaxFocus are licenced connections, whenever you initiate TeamViewer through them, this will not trigger a commercial use message.

However, there is no way to use TeamViewer commercially and personally on one device. This is the same for people using a commercial licence that has been purchased through a company on their personal devices as TeamViewer is being used commercially and so that device is unable to use the free version.

I hope this clarifies the issue.

-Scotty

Senior Moderator
Did my reply answer your question? Why not accept it as a solution to help others?
Posted by
Henagon

Re: Using Max Focus - SolarWinds MSP Flagged Personal Account as Commercial Use.

That does make sense thank you, also how do i now get my personal account unlocked / unflagged from commercial use?

Of course making sure to not use my work version of Teamviewer on my home PC from now on.