Announcements

First Step Guides

1. Are you new to TeamViewer and Home Office and need some help? Check out our FAQ here.
  2. New to the Remote Access Plan? Find our first steps FAQ here.
  3. Are you new to blizz and online meetings or classes and need some help? Check out our FAQ here.

Posted by
Photon

can't hear sound from Mac

The check box of "computer make sound" thing is grey/uncheckable on my Mac High Sierra(Version 10.13.4(17E202)). So i can't hear any sound from my Mac(different location). but i can hear sound from Mac through discord.

Everything works fine for Mac controlling PC.

3 Replies
3 Replies
Highlighted
Posted by
Photon

Re: can't hear sound from Mac

Do you have the latest version of TeamViewer on both sides? Check if not then update.

Highlighted
Posted by TeamViewer Staff
TeamViewer Staff

Hi gta0814

Unfortunately, the ability to hear remote sound is only available when connecting to Windows operating systems Win 7 and higher.

Due the the way Audio drivers work on Mac, we don't have the ability to capture the sound sorry.

-Scotty

Senior Moderator
Did my reply answer your question? Why not accept it as a solution to help others?
Highlighted
Posted by
Photon

I came here hoping that TeamViewer could finally do sound from a Mac so I can delete my other remote access app and only use TeamViewer. There are so many apps that can capture the sound why can't TeamViewer?