Find pasword with the terminal

Hello,

I am using my computer of Madrid (a ubuntu 18.04)  where I do have all the information for my studies. Today, the computer has been restarted and I can not access to it because the password has been changed (and I can not go because of the lockdown in Spain). I do can access with an "ssh" but I need to access also with remote control. 

There is any way of seeing the password for the control remoting using the terminal? 

Thanks you so much,

Eva.

Hola,

Estoy usando my ordenador de Madrid (un ubuntu 18.04) donde tengo toda la información de mis estudios. Hoy el ordenador se me ha reiniciado y la contraseña para el control remoto se ha actualizado y por lo tanto ya no puedo acceder (por el confinamiento en España debido al covid). Lo que sí puedo hacer es acceder al ordenador con un "ssh" pero me hacer falta tener el control remoto.

Sabéis si hay alguna forma de encontrar la contraseña para la el control remoto desde la terminal?

Muchas gracias,

Eva.

Tagged:

Best Answer

Answers

• Vatsilidis
    Vatsilidis Posts: 655 ⭐Star⭐

Hi @evammss 

As far as I know, I don't believe that this is possible.

Assuming that the TeamViewer app is running to the remote side, if you have the remote Linux TeamViewer already registered to your account, then you could connect to it.

In the case that is not running, maybe it could help you some search to the web about "How to start TeamViewer on remote Linux through SSH", but again you must have it registered or you must know the password at before.

Best regards

• evammss
    evammss Posts: 2

I have just do it has you menioned above.

Thanks you @rolandg