Teamviewer Host not supported on CAT S52

Hi there,

About 3 months ago, after I owned a CAT S60 phone for 2 years, I bought their new phone (model CAT S52). 

Now it so happens that, despite being able to remotely manage my phone on the CAT S60 with Teamviewer Host, I can't do this with the new model. I have been in contact with the customer service of CAT and they have informed me about this:

"Teamviewer Host is not compatible with the S52 because of Google Policies on Android 9. As far as I know, Teamviewer is working with some companies on a solution on this issue, unfortunately the solution is not known at the moment."

Anybody who knows more about this?

Thanks,

Joey

Tagged:

Comments

• JeanK
    JeanK Posts: 6,985 Community Manager 🌍

Hello @AldiesGoedkoper,

Thank you for your message and welcome in the TeamViewer Community! ?

Unfortunately, we cannot provide any update on this.
    Our dedicated team is still working to align with all the new policies.

You can check if the issue is fixed by testing each time a new TeamViewer version if available for your device. Stay tuned ?

Best,

Jean

Community Manager

• Hello @Jean 

Last month you left a comment on my message, thank you. You say you can't update on this? Can you tell me why?

I would also like to hear from you how I can get in touch with an employee or manager of your dedicated team.

I've had this device since it's been released, which is 6 months. All this time I have not been able to use the services of Teamviewer... Surely it can't be that much effort, certainly not for an organization like yours, to get this done?

I also think it's quite inappropriate that (like you advised me) have your customers check with every update whether the policies have been updated or not, while not being able to use your services...? Why have a dedicated team when the only dedication there is, is the customer's...?

Hope to hear from you again.

Kind regards, AldiesGoedkoper