Announcements

Here you will find the download links for all modules
in version 9: TeamViewer 9

Posted by Shinckley
Henagon

Cant wake Samsung S8 remotely (or an S4)

I have three Samsung phones, an S4, an S5 and an S8, all running the latest versions of TeamViewer and Host for Samsung, but at the moment I can only wake up the S5 reliably. The S4 and S8, when I connect, just show a black screen and do not respond to any remote input as far as I can tell. If I wake up the phone physically all controls work fine, connection is good, etc.

When I connect to the S5 I get a black screen but I also get the Android control “tray” which allows me to hit home and wake the phone. I can also sometimes swipe and get it to wake. Neither of these works/is available for the s4 and S8. Every once in a while I can access the S8 - I think for some reason sometimes the notification that a TV session has started wakes the screen.

The behavior appear to be the same no matter where I initiate control from - my iPhone, or any of the three Samsung phones.

In any case, it’s very unreliable. Any ideas?
5 Replies
5 Replies
Posted by Moderator Moderator

Re: Cant wake Samsung S8 remotely (or an S4)

Hi @Shinckley 

Thank you for your post.

Can you kindly check the following settings on your Samsung devices please:

1. Account assignment on all TeamViewer Hosts on Samsung devices have been completed and assigned to your TeamViewer account
  2. Turn on ECO mode from Advanced settings

Hope it helps and feel free to contact us if there is anything we may assist further with.

Regards

Ying_Q

Posted by Shinckley
Henagon

Yes, all three host apps are Assigned to my account, and I gave tried with eco mode both in and off.

I can see the phones in my list, see their status (yellow or blue depending on mode), I can connect to them and - if j wake the phones locally by pressing a button on them - control them normally via TeamViewer. It's only that I can't get past the black screen if the phone is asleep.
Posted by Moderator Moderator

Hello @Shinckley,

Thank you for your message.

Our dedicated department is aware of this issue.

We are working on a fix and will provide an update as soon as possible.

We will inform you here, in this thread, when the fix will be available.

Best,

Jean

French Community Moderator
Did my reply answer your question ? Accept it as a solution to help others.
Find this helpful ? Say thanks by clicking on the Thumbs Up button.
Posted by tdonline
Photon

Hi, I have a Samsung Galaxy 9 and I think I have the same issue.  My phone cannot be woken up by touching the screen.  I have to press the power button or use the fingerprint button.  So I can connect to the phone but all I see is the sleep screen and I can't wake it up.  Only once I physically wake up the phone can I remote control.  Obviously, this isn't going to be much help if I do have physical possession of the phone.  

Is this an issue related to my Samsung having security measures (fingerprint, eye/face, password)?  I notice I have no such problem with my mom's Honor 7 which isn't secured.  Nor with my Nokia 6.1 but this phone does have a passcode.

Posted by tdonline
Photon

EDIT:

Obviously, this isn't going to be much help if I do NOT have physical possession of the phone.