Unable to conenct in LAN network from android device to pc

pozso123
pozso123 Posts: 11

I cant connect to pc from android TW in same LAN network.. Connection has established but when i enter the personal password, it just loading with " please wait for connection" While the PC show connection has built up, it show the session list open from system try.

my pc have windows 10 pro 1903 build.

Screenshot_20190612_021936_com.teamviewer.teamviewer.market.mobile.jpg32134123.png

Tagged:

Best Answer

Answers

• JeanK
    JeanK Posts: 6,973 Community Manager 🌍

Hello @pozso123,

Thank you for your message.

It is technically an expected behaviour that it does not work.

Our entire mobile device solution is cloud-based.

In other words, with TeamViewer, you need internet in order to establish a connection with a mobile device.

You will find more information about our Mobile Device Support solution here: Support of iOS, Android, and Windows Mobile Devices

I hope this could help. If not, do not hesitate to ask your questions here.

Cheers

Jean

Community Manager

• pozso123

okay but it still worked with this methode a few weeks ago

• 1aserman
    1aserman Posts: 4

I agree with pozso123.

This option worked a few weeks ago and now, no longer works. 

Something changed on Y'alls end and updated something to where it doesn't work now. Everything was fine. Now, I cannot connect to a local LAN connection either. 

I've been providing feedback with no feed back regarding this. I'll provide further logs if you need so you can see the errors I've been getting, if necessary.

• iFarid
    iFarid Posts: 2

I have same problem in Andriod. Local LAN connection works fine on iOS, but not on Android.

• iFarid
    iFarid Posts: 2

Dear @JeanK 

This is not an excpected behavior. I have an iPhone and the Local LAN connection works perfectly, however on Android it's loading forever without connecting as the other user said. I don't know who put you as Moderator here. Please don't think users are stupid.

Forward this bug please to someone with techinical knowledge who can fix the android version of TeamViewer.

• Fredster
    Fredster Posts: 1

I have been using Teamviewer Remote Control on my Android mobile phone for a long time to connect to my desktop PC without issues. I connect with an IP address, using the connect over LAN feature. This worked great until recently.

Recently when I entered the desktop PC's IP address to connect, the Teamviewer Remote Control shows 'External connection' and prompts my password. After entering the password successfully, a message displays 'Please wait while connecting'.
    The PC screen background changes to black and the Teamviewer panel on the right is displayed.
    However, on my mobile phone the desktop PC screen does not appear.
    If I exit//close the Teamviewer Remote Control or Teamviewer desktop program, then I receive a confirmation the connection was ended and a message thanking me for using Teamviewer.
    When using my Teamviewer Partner's ID to connect (over an internet connection) I could connect successfully. But, I want to connect over my LAN.

I uninstalled the Teamviewer Remote Control on my mobile phone and Teamviewer 14 on my desktop PC.
    I then downloaded previous versions of both programs - Teamviewer Remote Control v13 (TeamViewer.apk) and Teamviewer Windows v13.2.36215 (TeamViewer_Setup.exe) - and installed Teamviewer Remote Control v13 on my mobile phone and Teamviewer v13.2.36215 on my desktop PC.
    The result was that my Teamviewer Remote Control connected successfully to my desktop PC using the IP address and over LAN connection. I could see and control my desktop PC from my mobile phone.

I then updated my Teamviewer Remote Control on my mobile phone to the latest version 14.3.198 CL. I could connect successfully again to my desktop PC.
    Then I updated my desktop PC's Teamviewer to the latest version Teamviewer v14 and experienced the same issue as at the top, of not being able to display my desktop PC screen on my mobile phone.
    Needless to say, I uninstalled Teamviewer v14 on my desktop PC and reinstalled Teamviewer v13, to have access to my desktop PC.

Thus, there is a connection issue between the Teamviewer Remote Control Android App and Teamviewer v14, which prevents the remote desktop PC to display on the Teamviewer Remote Control Android App.

Can this issue please be fixed?

• Hi. The last response to this was 2 weeks ago. I'm still getting the same error on my Android device. Has there been any resolution to this? Or let us download the older version of the app please?

• x_simon
    x_simon Posts: 13
    The app on the play store has been updated, but the issue on local connections from android persists (works fine when the client it's a win10 machine)
  • 1aserman
    1aserman Posts: 4

Dear @JeanK 

It's been over a month now, and wondered has anyone come any closer to resolving this? Local LAN Connections are still not going through.

Laserman

• pozso123

Use "**Third Party Product**" android and windows version till this time. This is able to do it without issue. 

• dhamijad
    dhamijad Posts: 2

What is the name of the third party application?

• dhamijad
    dhamijad Posts: 2

Great! Thank you!

• pozso123

Solution: "Any" and following tag: all desktops should have this application. 

• x_simon
    May I also ask you about an indirect reference to a working client? Thank you in advance.
  • Elessar12
    Elessar12 Posts: 1

Any update to this issue??

It's really making it hard for my to do anything with my phone. I rely on connecting via LAN remotely using a VPN (for security reasons) and right now it's causing some issues. 

• Hi guys, I found an older version of Teamviewer and it still works with connecting to other computers over LAN. You can use this in the meantime first, then install the one from the Play Store later on, once they've fixed the issue. You should uninstall the one from the Play Store first before installing this one.

Here's the link to it: [external link removed per Community Guidelines - Please do not download TeamViewer from unauthorized sources]

• x_simon
    If only the developers could work as fast and as well as the moderators.. the problem would have been already resolved.
    They monitor the operations and they exclude a potential issue (for security).
  • JoshP
    JoshP Posts: 896 Senior Moderator

Hello Everyone,

Thank you for your posts and feedback.

Our teams are working diligently to resolve this issue.

While we await the complete resolution, we are able to provide a functional build where the issue does not occur. You can find it here.

We thank you for your patience and understanding.

Josh P.

Senior Community Moderator

---

• x_simon
    Tried to install it but, even allowing Chrome to install from unknown sources the setup, shortly after starting, ends with Unable to install.. (Huawei P20, Android 9)
  • x_simon
    Still no updates about this issue, am I right?
  • Yep, no updates and still doesn't work.
  • x_simon
    Exactly, not with official client, not with the one provided here.
  • pozso123

Sure, in The development team task calendar it is not a major bug which demand fast action, therefore they postpone this fix on other date of release.

Do not wory, nobody from the developper team give priority for this post in this forum.

• Alitai
    Alitai Posts: 18 ✭✭

Hi Together

I had a lot of fun the last Year with Teamviewer. Everything worked fine. Until now.

Both Clients are on the same Network. I connect over IP.

After i type the PW on Android the App crashes or say "Connection, please wait" forever.

All updates are installed. This worked always for me but now i have no idea why not. TeamViewer on Windows says connection established so that works but i don't get a Picture on Android.

Does anyone know this Problem?

I saw this one:

https://community.teamviewer.com/t5/Mobile/Unable-to-conenct-in-LAN-network-from-android-device-to-pc/m-p/64238

but this is for Windows 1903 and not 1809.

Many Thanks

Best Regards

Alitai

• Alitai

What's matter is that they know about, communicate that and also say that they will fix it.

• Alitai

Can confirm it's the same Problem but just for Windows 10 1809.

Can't delete this Post...

Thanks

Regards

Alitai

• x_simon
    In the meantime I've lowered my PlayStore review to ONE star.
  • x_simon
    New update, new failure to resolve this issue. The topic instead has a large "Solved" tag.