Posted by TomShreds
Photon

Beware! Hacked! Cursor was moving when I sat in front of computer

Hi, I came home today and say my cursor clicking away by itself. Noticed it was coming from another computer from inside my house. I was alone.

I found out somebody successfully connected to another of my computer and was trying to browser my other laptop from that computer. I shut down all computers, resetted my password, and then turned it back on to check out logs. Appears that a certain *REMOVED BY MODERATOR* with Computer ID *REMOVED BY MODERATOR* is the culprit.

I'm not using the PRO version so I doubt I can see a connection log from the website itself?

What I don't understand is: How did somebody connected to my account without me receiving any connection warning emails from another location or anything else?

PS: I just enabled second factor authentication. It wasn't before but what I fear is that it won't change a thing since the hack used seems to bypass all of this IMO

Here's the logs: *REMOVED BY MODERATOR*  just look for the computer ID and alias I mentioned you'll quickly find the related logs.

What should I do? I've been hacked multiple times over the past 10 years and I'm really starting to lose faith in TeamViewer's ability to keep me and my clients safe. Yes I should have enabled 2FA earlier but I find it disconcerting that this kind of Win98-era hack still happens.

5 Replies
Highlighted
Posted by TomShreds
Photon

Re: Beware! Hacked! Cursor was moving when I sat in front of computer

Is this still related to that TV-related hack from a year ago?

2018/02/10 01:48:39.069 348 4366798848      D501   SessionManagerDesktop::ChangeToServermode: creating session with TVSessionID = 1756589527
2018/02/10 01:48:39.076 62 4499529728      S0     CPersistentParticipantManager::AddParticipant: [585784403,-1826011901] type=6 name=ALNITEC-TCHI267

Posted by TomShreds
Photon

Posted by redr4bbit
Henagon

How did you enable two factor authentication?

Posted by Senior Moderator Senior Moderator
Senior Moderator

Hi TomShreds,

Please email us the information at privacy@teamviewer.com

Thanks,
Scotty

Senior Moderator
Did my reply answer your question? Why not accept it as a solution to help others?
Posted by Former Staff Jonathan
Former Staff

Hello,

We just wanted to provide an update to this thread and ensure all users that we take privacy and security very serious.

Any user that submits a ticket to privacy@teamviewer.com will always recieve correspondence regarding a concern for security and help from our privcay team.

Thanks to everyone for using TeamViewer!

All the best,

Jonathan

Did my reply answer your question? Accept it as a solution to help others, Thanks.