Cannot connect to partner , but throws error "Version out-of-date: Update the remote Team viewer" - No partner

Announcements

Shape the future of the TeamViewer product with our Product Team. Click here to join!

Posted by testerdavi
Digon

Cannot connect to partner , but throws error "Version out-of-date: Update the remote Team viewer" - No partner

I am getting an error that the remote Team Viewer is running an old version which is out of date.  Therefore you cannot connect to this Version anymore. But i Installed latest version 14.6.4835.

But this error is shown even if there is no remote system.

And also getting error," A connection could not be established Reason Unknown "

image.png

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions
Highlighted
Posted by Kuppo
Trigon
Solution

Re: Cannot connect to partner , but throws error "Version out-of-date: Update the remote Team viewer" - No par

@testerdavi 
Remote Support Sessions were not supported in Free License. If you are in Trail Period you could use could use them for limited period. Once trial is expired you have to purchase the license to continue using it.

It would have been better if proper error message is shown up.

Have a good day!

View solution in original post

7 Replies
Posted by Moderator Moderator

Re: Cannot connect to partner , but throws error "Version out-of-date: Update the remote Team viewer" - No par

Hi @testerdavi 

Thank you for your message. 

Can you please make sure to install the latest version 14.6.4835 on BOTH sides of the connection?

Maybe it helps to uninstall the remote TeamViewer with all settings and download it again from our homepage and instal it completely new. 

Please try it and let us know, if it worked. Wish you a great day. 

All the best, Natascha

Posted by testerdavi
Digon

hi @Natascha 

It throws the error even before connecting from remote.I cannot connect from the otherside.

I installed  14.6.4835 version in my system.

HI @testerdavi 

Thanks for the fast answer. 

There is no other possibility, but to update it manually now. 

Please make sure to run V14.6.4835 on the remote side as well. 

Best,
Natascha

Posted by testerdavi
Digon

hi @Natascha 

I am getting the error even before connecting from the remote side(Didn't even start the teamviewer on remote side)

Actually i am getting this error while trying to start a remote session .This error popup before no partner joins the session.

Hi @testerdavi 

Thanks for your answer. 

Sure, the message pops up before you are connected to the remote side, because it is not possible anymore to establish a connection to an older version that 14. 

Please find all detailed information in the following announcement: Enjoy using the best version of TeamViewer we made so far! - How to proceed?

Therefore, as already mentioned, someone on the remote side has to update TeamViewer manually or you have to drive there and update it :) It is not possible via a remote connection anymore. 

Thank you for your understanding. 

All the best, Natascha

Posted by testerdavi
Digon

Hi @Natascha 

Thanks for your support.

Let me explain the problem in detail.

I am creating a seesion code , in my system(Service queue -> create session code), a End Customer Link is generated.

image.png

Then while giving connect (In sessions tab in Service queue) for that session,it opens the teamviewer application. And i get this error.

image.png

The problem here is I'm not able to initiate the session which I have created in my teamviewer which has been updated to version 14.

Highlighted
Posted by Kuppo
Trigon
Solution

@testerdavi 
Remote Support Sessions were not supported in Free License. If you are in Trail Period you could use could use them for limited period. Once trial is expired you have to purchase the license to continue using it.

It would have been better if proper error message is shown up.

Have a good day!

View solution in original post