Hate the new interface, want to go back but no option

ggnore
ggnore Posts: 1
edited May 2023 in General questions

The new interface is horrid, initially I accepted the little popup that offered me to try it but now I want to switch back and can't find such an option.

Tagged:

Best Answer

• .Carol.fg.
    .Carol.fg. Posts: 1,035 Moderator
    Answer ✓

Hi everyone,

Thank you all for all the feedback provided about the new interface of TeamViewer Remote.

We're sorry to hear you're having trouble with it. Therefore, I would like to provide some information that may help you:

With the release of TeamViewer Remote, TeamViewer's best practices for using TeamViewer have been emphasized to ensure even more security for our users.

At the moment, to be able to access TeamViewer Options on the TeamViewer Remote interface, our users are required to log in with their TeamViewer accounts.

• TeamViewer Remonte is meant for devices that receive and do remote connections. If the device only receives connections, you can use TeamViewer Host (No need to log in with any account, the Options are available right after the installation, allows the configuration of Easy Access, ID and Password are easily visible for connections; licensed users can customize their Host, free users can download it from our website.)

Please know that it's possible to switch back to the TeamViewer Classic interface by clicking the button New version on the top right of TeamViewer Remote. If you don't see the button, please follow the steps below:

1. Open TeamViewer Remote and sign in with your account.
    2. Click the gear icon (⚙) ➜ Go to this device's settings.
    3. In the General tab, you will have the option Use new TeamViewer interface  uncheck this option, and restart the TeamViewer services so that the TeamViewer Classic interface can load.

I hope this can help! 🍀

Please let us know if we can help any further. 🙋‍♀️

Best, Carol

Answers

• Scotty
    Scotty Posts: 493 Staff member 🤠

Hi ggnore

Thanks for posting!

To switch back to the old interface in the official build, you can do this under Options > General uncheck "Use new interface" and restart the software.

The insider build does not have the ability to use the old interface at the moment. If you are on the insider Build, you will need to Opt out under Options > Advanced. Then uninstall and download the previous version. You can download this here > https://www.teamviewer.com/en/download/windows/

-Scotty

Senior Moderator
    Did my reply answer your question? Why not accept it as a solution to help others?
  • AlatCRL
    AlatCRL Posts: 3 ✭✭

Same here, yuk!!

• AlatCRL
    AlatCRL Posts: 3 ✭✭

Yay, now back to the old interface. Now I can do my job again. Thanks.

• sizof
    sizof Posts: 1

And what about Ubuntu 17.10?

• RichE
    RichE Posts: 3 ✭✭

Not using insider build, no option to uncheck use new interface.  See screenshot.teamviewer.jpg

What am I missing?

• Scotty
    Scotty Posts: 493 Staff member 🤠

Hi RichE

There it is :D

Use New User Interface.jpg

Hope this helps!

-Scotty

Senior Moderator
    Did my reply answer your question? Why not accept it as a solution to help others?
  • RichE

Dang, how did I miss that, weird.

But thanks!

• KT_ST
    KT_ST Posts: 1

Would love to uncheck that box! However, our company restricts access to the options dialog. Is there a way to revert to the old interface without options access?

• Lubos
    Lubos Posts: 1

Have the same issue. In version 14.4.2669 there is no option to switch to old view. The new interface is terrible. how to change it to an old view? Thanks.

• Natascha
    Natascha Posts: 1,591 Moderator

Hi @Lubos 

Thank you for your post. 

"Following our goal to provide you with the best experience when using our software, we continue working on the TeamViewer user interface to secure meeting our customers' needs also in the future."

To aim this goal, we decided to sunset the old interface. 

You will find all relevant information in the following announcement: Sunsetting the multi-window user interface

Thank you very much for your understanding and have a great day. 

Wish you all the best,
    Natascha

German Community moderator 💙 Moderatorin der deutschsprachigen Community

• Natascha

Hi @GavDaniels 

Thank you for your post. 

Some users are really unhappy because of the sunset of the old UI. 

But, there are also some who try to deal with it and find in the end at least something positive :) Maybe, you want to have a look at a really good example from @m4Zz in our Community Blog? - Please click here. 

May I ask you to at least try to accustom to the new interface? Would be really nice :) 

I wish you a great day and a restful weekend in advance. 

All the best,
    Natascha

• Dericslab
    Dericslab Posts: 7 ✭✭

The option to use the old interface was still included with Version 14.3.4730.

We just noticed today on one of our Workshop PC's that you cannot revert back to the old GUI if you run the update. (That PC is now on version 14.4.2669)

If you want, send me a link to a cloud drive, or I will share the installation file I have on OneDrive and you will be able to revert back / disable the new GUI.

Edit: Here is the link to the installation as mentioned:

[removed per community guidelines - Do not post third-party download links]

Deric Slabberts
    Individual Computer Solutions
    MCP, MCDST, MCTS, DCSE
  • GavDaniels
    GavDaniels Posts: 15 ✭✭
    Hey Dericslab,

I, like you obviously, have a copy of a previous install version.

Interesting thing though, my desktop was configured with no update checking so I do not know why it actually updated to the latest version.
    Maybe it’s another part of TeamViewer development ignoring the requests of paying customers.

But thanks for the attempt to help the wider community by providing what could be considered the best bug fix for TeamViewer yet.
    Again. They **bleep** over the paying customers

• Dericslab

Hi Gav

I see this has really upset you.

I don't think they did it on purpose. I think they just made a change which they didn't think would annoy the users as much as it has.

I know TeamViewer is busy with a User Focus Program at the moment, and I have no doubt that issues such as this one will be ironed out very shortly. 

Keep the faith, its great software and will only improve from here on out!

(Back me up Dev's! :-) )

Deric Slabberts
    MCP, MCDST, MCTS, DCSE
  • GavDaniels
    GavDaniels Posts: 15 ✭✭
    Hi there

Welcome to one of the raft of dislikes

Short answer, no. Not without downgrading to a previous version. But be careful if you do because it appears that the do not check and upgrade functions don’t work.
  • RichE

@Natascha 

I shouldn't have to work around a new interface.  The only reason I can see for this is to make it tablet/phone friendly.  I guess folks use it that way but I have enough trouble seeing someone else's full screen (on my 27" 1920x1080 screen), can't imagine it on a 6" phone or even a 10" tablet.  Guess they're taking a lesson from Google who seems to be doing the same thing.  (And I'm just one straw more to the camel's back to skipping the gmail interface and just use Thunderbird with IMAP to do my emailing.  And this after prosyletizing web based email for 10 years now.

Sorry, too late.  I only used Teamviewer to help my friends and family with their computers since I retired.  Also to check on the several computers I have here at home (W7, 8.1, 10, sometimes a test machine as well) in another room.  No charge so used the free version.  However, the program suddenly decided I was using it commercially (NOT), with no reasoning behind it or whom to contact regarding it.  I even was going to bite the bullet and pay the $1,700(?) for the basic license just to not have this keep cropping up.  But then found out they've gone to a subscription based fee and I decided to find an alternative.  I did and am very happy with it (also free for noncommercial use) so am very glad I didn't fork over any money to get this new UI that I dislike for all the reasons posted as well as others posting and repeating.  So you not only lost the $1,700 for the license from before but a person who told many folks, including former co-workers and other admins (from email lists, etc.) to find something other than TV for remote control.

I'd like to see the stats on those "9 of 10 people like new UI", as we all know, there are lies, **bleep** lies and statistics.  Details on how many people were polled, what their rough demographics were both age as well as JOBs/how they used Teamviewer.

I'd also like to see an explanation of what/why this new interface was implemented, just snippets of the complaints/suggestions/???  that had this come about.  Not likely but this lack of communication from TV is typical of larger corporations as they like to hide why they do things, and protect the person who made the decision' **bleep** from recrimination.

At least Coke relented and went back to classic after all the complaints...  :)

• Dericslab

One of my Techies opened a Ticket regarding the new GUI anyways, and this is the reply from Support:

Thank you for your message and feedback.
    i would assume you are referring to the new interface and you wanting to revert back to the old interface? I am afraid that is not possible no more as our product team has made a final decision to have the same build/interface across all clients. Granted it might take a bit of getting used to but we are positive that with time, you will mind the new interface better and even more user friendly than the old one.
    I hope that was helpful.

I still have the installation file saved on my OneDrive for anyone looking to use it, but I assume you can still download it from TeamViewer under the old versions section.

I too am now on the new interface, which I am still finding annoying. I am sure that the Dev's will find a way to make it more user friendly for us though.

Deric Slabberts
    MCP, MCDST, MCTS, DCSE
  • BertM
    BertM Posts: 2

This morning, my teamviewer was automatically updated to 14.4.2669 and the user interface was **bleep** and now looks like the "new" user interface that is supposed to "improve user experience".

Unfortunatel, there is no the option to revert back to a decent user interface anymore.

Can we still download an older version of TV14 somewhere?

• CaseyMac
    CaseyMac Posts: 1

not loving the new interface.  Would prefer the option for the classic mode.  Its a simple piece that for alot of people who started with much earlier versions have become accustom to.

I do hope this thread continues to monitored so this functionality is added back into the next version.

• m4Zz
    m4Zz Posts: 10 ✭✭

For all those who are in pain, here a screenshot of how I work now. This made my life easier.

The Quick-Connect is really helpful, so I don't need to switch tabs. I always have the same window open. It does not close after connecting, which is perfect. Also I can search and have all the computers visible like before.

Granted, the space on the right side does not any good, and I would be happier if this space would not occupie screen space. Having an option to enable right click and get rid of that unused space would be great, but for now, this will do. Other things like chat and changing the color of darkmode bars (title and scrollbar) are things which TV should have a look at.

What do you think?

TV1.png

• Dericslab

This is exactly what I am now doing as well.

I agree with you that "it works", but its' not ideal.

To right click on the saved users was also very convenient, and you don't realise how convenient, until you can't do it anymore.

I am going to see if the dark mode also works for me though :-)

Deric Slabberts
    MCP, MCDST, MCTS, DCSE
  • Salisbury
    Salisbury Posts: 3 ✭✭

I found the same thing as you. The list of computers is there, as before. To help with the amount of screen the app now fills, I move the the whole thing to the right side of the monitor, and park it until all I see is the list of computers. It removes half of what your image shows. It's the best that can be done. There is no excuse to have the app take up so much screen real estate for no purpose. 

I'd love to see a return to a dockable list of computers and users.

• Christian_PM
    Christian_PM Posts: 18 [Former Staff]

Hi there,

Thank you very much for your feedback regarding the new user interface.
    We are aware that the window takes up too much space for some use cases and we will approach that subject.
    Please stay tuned and we will inform you as soon as there are any news about it.

Wish you all a great start into the new week and all the best,

Christian

Senior Manager, Product Management

Senior Manager, Product Management
  • scrolldown
    scrolldown Posts: 10 ✭✭

We want the old interface back.  What doesn't Teamviewer get about that?  

• Natascha

Hi all,

Thanks a lot for your feedback.

We value your opinion, and we appreciate active and critical users! 

Please rest assured that we are reviewing all feedback and as @Christian_PM mentioned: we are already working on this topic.

We believe the best way to build a better product is in collaboration with our users. Your feedback is crucial for understanding your needs and solving the right problems. To achieve that we have our User Focus Program. In this program, you get exclusive previews and can give early feedback on ideas, concepts, and potential new features!

It would be an honor to have you in our program and we would like to invite you to apply for the program here: https://content.teamviewer.com/en/teamviewer-user-focus-program/

We are looking forward to receiving your feedback on the UI and other ideas, concepts, and potential new features soon.

Wish you all a great day and all the best, 
    Natascha

• Salisbury
    Salisbury Posts: 3 ✭✭

To Teamviewer:

I'm glad enough people are complaining, so that the issue can't be ignored. However, I was invited to join the preview peogram, but declined when upon signing up I was asked to surrender my computer to the system. I would gladly comment on a new design, but I won't allow all manner of spyware on my computer. The process seemed a little too intrusive. If you can just ask us to look, but not be joined to the Borg, I'm ok with that.

Salisbury.