How to disable Clipboard Transfer Notification?

amalla1970
amalla1970 Posts: 7 ✭✭
edited May 2023 in General questions

After I Updated to version 15.0.8397 I have been getting "Clipboard Transfer Compleated" also "Clipboard Transfer Aborted" notifications. 

How can I disable this notifications? they are in the way when I am doing an assistance to a customer and its taking me more time. Ther is also a File Transfer Notification that I would like to disable as well.

Can It be done?

Tagged:

Best Answer

Answers

• In Extras > Options > Advanced > Advanced settings for connections to other computers, uncheck [Clipboard synchronization]

• shahidpm007
    shahidpm007 Posts: 1
    edited March 2022

Yea, that solves the problem except you wont be able to copy and paste anything, so this option **bleep**

• deloreandude
    deloreandude Posts: 6 ✭✭

I am also seeing this issue, it's extremely annoying when working with mulitple remote sessions and third parties. I received about 20 of these notifications in a short time span when copying files and text just on the remote computer, not even transferring anything from my workstation. This needs to be resolved, either fix it or enable a way to turn off the pop ups.

• I am seeing this issue too, it's really annoying... Hope TeamViewer can provide an option for turning off these pop ups....

• I don't understand why TeamViewer staff has failed to even post a reply here.  Doesn't do a lot of good to have community-based support if the desired outcome is not possible - that requires the developers to react.

• JoshP
    JoshP Posts: 896 Senior Moderator

Hello all,

Thank you for your feedback regarding Clipboard Sync pop-ups.

Firstly, please know that the TeamViewer community is user-driven - many solutions and insights come from superusers and other users in the Community itself. While we cannot guarantee that a TeamViewer representative may see or reply to each post, we do our best to track and provide information and insight in to any issues we can.

Regarding Clipboard Synchronization, and the issue of pop-ups appearing randomly on both sides of the connection, please know this was not an intended feature; as such, our development team is actively looking in to the resolution, to prevent further unnecessary pop-ups.

We apologize for any inconveniences experienced, and thank you for your patience. 

Josh P.

Senior Community Moderator

---

• valkyriebiker
    valkyriebiker Posts: 21 ✭✭

Hi,

Eight year paying TV customer here: For Windows 10, at the very least, TV should honor the Windows Notification Settings and not display any notificaitons if its disabled in those settings.

But yes, having a switch within TV's options would be ideal. The clipboard sync notifications are *so annoying* that I've contemplated turning off cliboard sync entirely -- but it's too important to do without.

• @valkyriebiker 

Read the OP - you are SO off topic here.  The notifications link you posted it to change how you are notified about posts in this community - it has nothing to do with the application.

• deloreandude
    deloreandude Posts: 6 ✭✭

@DarellCraighead:  Are you sure you're understanding the OP and the thread here? Every post has been about the application showing a notification about clipboard transfers, never once has community post notifications been mentioned.

@JoshP: Thanks for letting us know, please keep on the devs to make sure this gets resolved soon. I'm sure there are many more out there who are just as annoyed as we are. As others have stated, turning off the clipboard sync is just not an option.

• valkyriebiker
    valkyriebiker Posts: 21 ✭✭

@DarellCraighead 

Was typing my reply to you when @deloreandude ninja'ed me. He said it all.

• Sorry, but... I think you misunderstood the problem.

The pop-up doesn't show randomly, it shows when the clipboard changes

However, I'd like to have a silent sincronization, with no pop-ups at all

Thanks

• sub780lime
    sub780lime Posts: 2 ✭✭

Another +1 to this needing an immediate fix. 

• mfalkenburg
    mfalkenburg Posts: 1

Like in the Past, we have to pay to get the update to solve this issue?

• I'm also having this problem...I understand why the application is monitoring the clipboard, but why on Earth would the TV dev team feel the need to provide feedback every time it changes?

Why are these notifications showing up in the middle of my screen instead of building up from the icon tray/taskbar?

Why does this issue seem to be more common when copying/pasting in Excel?

This issue is causing a disruption to my work day which is not acceptable. Having to enable/disable the clipboard sync every few minutes is frustrating & time consuming. Please fix this issue post haste.

@TeamViewer 

• Kerstin_PO
    Kerstin_PO Posts: 78 Staff member 🤠

Hi,

thanks a lot for all your replies and I'm very sorry for the inconveniences!

As @JoshP already posted it was not intended to show the notification on every local copy action (notifications have increased a lot since version 15.0). It seems not to happen on all environments, we could reproduce it only on some of our machines.

But the bug should be fixed and will be released as soon as possible.

I'll also check if we can realize a new option setting to disable them or to use the Windows notifications.

Best,

Kerstin

Best,

Kerstin

Product Owner TeamViewer Core
  • +1 We need to be able to disable the notification.

• Any eta on when this will be released?

• I can think of no use for this type of notification in the live version of TeamViewer. It's a solution looking for a problem, but instead its become a problem, and a very annoying one at that for all the users of TeamViewer.

For that reason I suggest not taking time to add a user enable/disable option for the notification, but instead just remove the code that's displaying the notification. And do it quickly please.

• NMLSupport
    NMLSupport Posts: 1

New Bitmap Image.jpgAgreed! this needs resolution ASAP.

• OMG!! So annoying! I understand that the popup comes whenever the clipboard changes. But why on earth would the teamveiwer application give me a popup when the process has nothing to do with the remote connection? Why would they write code to hook in and notify me when I copy and paste something that is entirely contained within  my local system? And why on earth would they not give an option to turn this notification off? There are all kinds of options to turn other types of annoying things off!

Someone was on vacation and temp was filling in. Someone was pushed to meet deadline. How could they have overlooked this during final testing before release? This code needs completely re-written.

Incredible, Ridiculous Neglect

Screenshot from NML Support says everything.

• So annoying!!!!

• CNC-Guy
    CNC-Guy Posts: 9 ✭✭

Why is this fix taking so long?
    Totally slowing my work to a crawl.
    This is total annoying and unacceptable!!!

• @JoshP  As this was an unintended feature and is known by dev team, is there ANY ETA for correcting it?

• JoshP

Hello @DarellCraighead,

Thanks for your post. 

While I do not have a specific ETA, as @Kerstin_PO stated the fix will be released as soon as possible.

We thank you for your patience, and apologize for any inconvenience.

Josh P.

---

• Thanks @JoshP  I missed her post or would have asked her.

• JoshP

Hello @DarellCraighead 

That is ok!

I went ahead and marked their reply as the official answer to this thread for visibility, to ensure any other affected users see it first.

Please note that the thread marked as solved does NOT mean the issue is resolved.

This thread is marked as solved so that the official answer to the issue is seen by any affected users!

We will update this thread once the issue is fully resolved as well.

Josh P.

---