Installation Troubleshoot

Options
psymon1116
psymon1116 Posts: 1
edited May 2023 in General questions

My teamviwer recently begane giving me an error message everytime I opened it saying that one or more files had been modified or were missing. I uninstalled the program and when I try to reinstall it, I am given an error message that reads "An error occued during the installation.Installation aborted!". The last action I see on the progress bar before the error message pops up is "copying files". Any idea what the problem and solution may be? I'm running windows 7 professional and I'm running the install as an administrator.

Comments

• JeanK
    JeanK Posts: 6,988 Community Manager 🌍
    Options

Hello @psymon1116

Thank you for your message.

We recommend you to:

• Check if you have "Tune-up" apps running on your computer like CCleaner etc... these softwares might delete reg. file and cause installation issues
    • Delete all the TeamViewer related files in your registry → How to uninstall TeamViewer on PC
    • Delete all TeamViewer related files in both of these directories:
      • C:\Program Files (x86)\TeamViewer
      • C:\Users\USERNAME\AppData\Roaming\TeamViewer

Then, try to install the latest version of the software again.

I hope this could help. If not, do not hesitate to ask your questions here.

Cheers,

Jean

Community Manager

• francescoschino
    francescoschino Posts: 6 ✭✭
    Options

Hi Jean, I did what You mentioned, I remove TeamViewer, I delete in the C: disk the entries, I re-install the latest windows vwersion for 64bits, but the problem is still there, I have to used the administration function in order to ope the TeamViewer. Solution ? Thanks very much

Francesco Schino (from Italy)