Announcements

Are you new to TeamViewer and Home Office and do you need some help? Check out our FAQ here.

Posted by
Henagon

No recovery code to deactivate or change two-factor

I enabled two-factor authentication after my TeamViewer account was hacked into last year. It worked fine for a while, but I have changed phones and I can not enroll a new authenticator nor deactivate two-factor without my old phone, which was already wiped and sold. Unfortunately I must not have paid attention when the two-factory recovery code was given. How can I regain full access to my account?

I am still authenticated to multiple devices if that helps to prove my identity, and I also have access to my email. I had to create a new account to join the community and post this message since I could not log into the old one via the website.

I think that email or SMS authentication would be a much better backup method for account recovery than the method currently used.

Thank you

1 Reply
Highlighted
Posted by
Henagon

Re: No recovery code to deactivate or change two-factor

I have the same issue. I can still access my account as I'm authenticated on my laptop via the app. How do I go about getting two factor deactivated without the recovery code?