weird issue with dead keys/US International

jpgoossen
jpgoossen Posts: 6
edited May 2023 in General questions

Hi,

I have a strange issue that I don't seem to be able to fix.

When I log in to one particular PC at home, I cannot get any accented characters, as in áëñ et cetera. The individual characters ` ~ "' et cetera are not being produced either.

But, this is only when I log in from the computer at work. When I use my private laptop, it works just fine.

Setup:

Destination: PC to manage/server: Xubunto 18.04, Teamviewer version 13.2.13582 (individual settings are US International for the keyboard, with deadkeys, works fine when I am at the keyboard)

Source Client 1: PC at work, OpenSuse Leap 15.0, XFCE, Teamviewer version 13.2.13582 (individual settings are US International for the keyboard, with deadkeys, works fine when I am at the keyboard)

Source Client 2: Macbook Pro running MacOS High Sierra 10.13.6, Teamviewer version 13.2.14328 (individual settings are US International for the keyboard, with deadkeys, works fine when I am at the keyboard)

So, logging in from Client 2 to Destination, all is fine. I have full character set available and deadkeys/accented characters work just fine.
Logging in from Client 1 to Destination, I loose all access to deadkeys/accented characters and don't even have the full normal character set (no keys that may double as dead keys, so no `~'"

I am stumped, any idea what I can do?

And, no, I can't just always use the laptop, I work in an environment where there is no BringYourOwnDevice, because of security reasons.

Thanks in advance and cheers!

Patrick

Comments

• vchoi
    vchoi Posts: 2

I'm having the same issue here with dead key accents. Still couldn't find a solution either.

• vchoi
    vchoi Posts: 2

So...

You tried with two source clients: (1) xubuntu 18.04 and (2) macos 10.13.

I've made a test with a windows client and it worked perfectly, so I guess the problem is restricted to the Linux client.