Announcements

Become a product development partner for TeamViewer. Read more about it in our Announcement.

Highlighted
Posted by pozso123
Digon

Unable to conenct in LAN network from android device to pc

I cant connect to pc from android TW in same LAN network.. Connection has established but when i enter the personal password, it just loading with " please wait for connection" While the PC show connection has built up, it show the session list open from system try.

my pc have windows 10 pro 1903 build.

Screenshot_20190612_021936_com.teamviewer.teamviewer.market.mobile.jpg32134123.png

7 Replies
7 Replies
Posted by Moderator Moderator

Re: Unable to conenct in LAN network from android device to pc

Hello @pozso123,

Thank you for your message.

It is technically an expected behaviour that it does not work.

Our entire mobile device solution is cloud-based.

In other words, with TeamViewer, you need internet in order to establish a connection with a mobile device.

You will find more information about our Mobile Device Support solution here: Support of iOS, Android, and Windows Mobile Devices

I hope this could help. If not, do not hesitate to ask your questions here.

Cheers

Jean

French Community Moderator
Did my reply answer your question ? Accept it as a solution to help others.
Find this helpful ? Say thanks by clicking on the Thumbs Up button.
Posted by pozso123
Digon

okay but it still worked with this methode a few weeks ago

Posted by 1aserman
Henagon

I agree with pozso123.

This option worked a few weeks ago and now, no longer works. 

Something changed on Y'alls end and updated something to where it doesn't work now. Everything was fine. Now, I cannot connect to a local LAN connection either. 

I've been providing feedback with no feed back regarding this. I'll provide further logs if you need so you can see the errors I've been getting, if necessary.

Posted by 1aserman
Henagon

Jean,

Hope you can see my post below but this option doesn't work for me any more either.

I used to be able to connect on a local LAN but no longer can. 

1aserman

Posted by iFarid
Electron

I have same problem in Andriod. Local LAN connection works fine on iOS, but not on Android.

Posted by iFarid
Electron

Dear @JeanK 

This is not an excpected behavior. I have an iPhone and the Local LAN connection works perfectly, however on Android it's loading forever without connecting as the other user said. I don't know who put you as Moderator here. Please don't think users are stupid.

Forward this bug please to someone with techinical knowledge who can fix the android version of TeamViewer.

Posted by Moderator Moderator

Hello all,
Hello @iFarid @pozso123 @1aserman

Thank you for your messages.

First of all, I would like to apologise for my answer past Thursday. I have gave a wrong answer to it. It is possible to make connections from an Android to a computer using a LAN network. I am sincerly sorry about it, and hope this won't damage the trust between us, Community moderators, and you.

We have been testing with our Community Support Engineer @Julia and trying to reproduce this issue internally on our local network.

We found out, that (as mentioned by @pozso123 and @1aserman) it worked fine with older versions of the app and didn't work with the latest app. We noticed the same symptoms as described in the screenshot of @pozso123.

We have forwarded this issue to our development team. They are now working on a fix.

I would like to thank you for having been so reactive. This accelerated the process and we will keep you updated about the fix.

Sorry again for my mistake.

Cheers

Jean

French Community Moderator
Did my reply answer your question ? Accept it as a solution to help others.
Find this helpful ? Say thanks by clicking on the Thumbs Up button.