Can someone replicate my teamviewer ID

I recently noticed someone on my PC using teamviewer, accessing some of my files.

I took a screenshot of the incursion and noted the teamviewer ID (I think that is what it is called) and then closed down and deleted teamviewer.

I looked in the Connections_Incoming log file and found other uses of the same Teamviewer ID a few months ago.  The name connected to the ID however was different.  

I know who the person is who used teamviewer a few months ago with that ID.

Since it is the same ID number, can I assume that it is the same person, even though the name used was different?

I don't know how these things worked and if someone else could use the same teamviewer ID.

I've heard that the teamviewer ID is unique, and I'm assuming that the number that I saw is the teamviewer ID.

I want to go to the police but I don't want to accuse the wrong person.  Is there any way to be sure?  Can I not find the IP address of the person who logged into my pc?

Tagged:

Comments

• plwc
    plwc Posts: 6

My understanding is that the ID is tied to the computer so it's possible that somebody else was using their computer.

• Ilse
    Ilse Posts: 2

Thank you for your answer.

Is there any way to get a definitive answer from somebody from Teamviewer?  I can't open a ticket because I use the free version so how else can I get in contact with Teamviewer staff?  I need an urgent answer because I'm not getting enough help from the police and have to get a private court order to seize possession of the suspected computer so I can look through the records on that computer..  I need help to shape my affidavit so I can definitevely state that the teamviewer ID used for the incursion could only have come from that specific computer.