teamviewer starting fullscreen on boot
updated teamviewer (free) to version 15.11.6. software now starts up with windows and opens fullscreen instead of just loading in the system tray.
poked around in the settings to see if there was a "start minimized" or "load to tray" option and but did not see anything obvious other than the "run at starup" option
is there some option i'm missing or is this a bug now?
1) Go to the General settings (as on your screenshot) and untick Start TeamViewer with Windows
2) Go to the Advanced settings and tick Close to tray menu
3) Go back to the General settings and tick Start TeamViewer with Windows back again.
With this, TeamViewer should start automatically and close to tray menu.
This does not work with the latest teamviewer software. What happens is when you restart the close to tray icon is still ticked but greyed out. Something in the software is disabling the close to tray feature.0
I have the same question as Ford1. I followed you advice but no difference. Unticking start teamviewer with windows automatically greys out close to tray menu.0
I could not reproduce the issue. On my test devices, it works as expected:
- Uninstalling TeamViewer following the Basic Uninstall Instructions
- Deleting the TeamViewer entries following the Advanced Uninstall Instructions
- Checking in C:\Program Files\TeamViewer if there is any file. If yes, delete it.
- Reinstalling TeamViewer from our website here: https://www.teamviewer.com/en/download
Let me know if this has worked for you!
I updated to the current version 15.38.3
but the issue has not been fixed.
The Teamviewer still opens in full screen when the option is set to start teamviewer with windows. And putting a tick into start teamviewer with windows automatically ticks on Close to tray and then greys out that option.
This current version did not fix the issue of teamviewer opening in full screen when windows starts. Also I can confirm that setting the teamviewer icon properties to start minimised does not make any difference. Teamviewer starts in full screen when the option to start teamviewer with windows is ticked on.
Unfortunately some people will find that this error of teamviewer opening in full screen at startup will interfer with other software. So far I have discovered that it interfers with MYOB's pdf manager software.0
This is still an issue on 15.39.6. I don't know if this can be related to antivirus software not allowing registry modifications. I use Bitdefender.0