How can I stop my android phone going offline after a short period of inactivity?

Options
SpeedyTech
SpeedyTech Posts: 2 ✭✭
edited December 2020 in General questions

I have setup my android phone with TeamViewer Host and have been remotely controlling it from a laptop and other phone (via TeamViewer for remote control app) and when I'm connected everything works fine.

However after a short time of not being connected, the phone shows as offline and I can no longer connect to it.

The phone is not in use so nothing is changing at that end. I have disabled eco mode on TeamViewer Host, and have set the phone up to be unlocked with the screen always on. As far as I can tell there is no eco mode activated in the OS, unless android is doing it automatically. As soon as someone goes and turns the screen on to "wake it up" for me, I am able to remote in again no problems. But this is not practical for my use.

I'm wondering if there is a way to improve the availability of my remote device through settings? Even if I have to root the phone or use additional software. I would really like to just be able to remote in at any given time without local interaction.

Any ideas greatly appreciated,

ST

Answers

• JeanK
    JeanK Posts: 6,991 Community Manager 🌍
    edited December 2020
    Options

Hello @SpeedyTech,

Even if the eco-mode is enabled, you should still be able to connect to it.

The device will show as offline, but the connection will still be possible.

What is the Eco Mode?

The Android Eco Mode feature of TeamViewer will help conserve the device's battery life and mobile data (3G or LTE) when TeamViewer is active on the device. If activated, the devices will show as offline; you will still be able to start the app remotely, however, from within the Computers & Contacts list and connect to it.

After closing the TeamViewer connection, the app will go back to the Eco Mode after 10 minutes.

You can use Eco Mode on devices running Android 4 or higher.

For more information:

Community Manager

• SpeedyTech
    SpeedyTech Posts: 2 ✭✭
    Options

Good to know!

I always try to connect from the computers tab and it doesn't work from there unfortunately. There is no option to connect, if I press file transfer I get a message: "Could not connect to partner".

Thanks