When Teamviewer will let us update a remote device?

Barabba
Barabba Posts: 19
edited December 2020 in General questions

Hi, for me it's hard to believe Teamviewer Team in these years still persist committing 2 big issues, that create to users huge problems.

We suppose to use Teamviewer not only to help our friend/client but also to manage a remote station, wich can be hard/expensive to reach or which can be without any control. PLease tell me if I am wrong.

When Teamviewer decide to change version, that computer will not be more available, since soembody will go there and press that ** bleep ** button. Teamviewer don't let anyhow notice that this will come, don't let us connect the last time to update the version, it just give the bad news and a "your problem now" bye bye. Makes Teamviewer unreliable system, a grat risk for how is working on maintenance sphere.

PLease don't tell me it's a problem of privacy, or doing something without the agreement of the owner, if we have the password to enter we also have the rights to update Teamviewer.

This holy ** bleep ** happens also with Android phones, if we have other software alternatives for PS, on Android HOST seems the only chance. If it got obsolete we can't update it more remotely.

I believe on God that makes understand somebody in Teamviewer CEO how big downsides we're sufferring.

Comments

• Barabba

There are any answers about this topic?

Ther eis any soluton to connect to this android phone?

Pleaase answer me, thanks

• Barabba

Do someone give support here? Thank you.

This is a personal battle, also today a friend asked to help, he has an old version on PC and can0t connect there until he maually update. This problem is not relevant on your competitors, making teamviewer the worst choice, the less reliable for future connections.

• JeanK
    JeanK Posts: 7,025 Community Manager 🌍

Community Manager

• mLipok
    mLipok Posts: 781 ⭐Star⭐
    edited January 2021

on Host it would not work.

there is still a need to manually click it

Is there a way to do this automaticaly on Host ?

Regards,
    mLipok , AutoIt MVP
  • JeanK

Hello @mLipok,

You could update your Hosts via TeamViewer policy.

The policies you need to add are: 

• Install new versions automatically with the parameter All updates (includes new major versions)
    • Check for new versions with the parameter Weekly

You will find all the information you need about TeamViewer policies in our Knowledge Base article here:

Community Manager

• Barabba

Thanks for reply, I've read your suggestions but after I logon into my profile I see:

When I logon to the HOST device I see

Can you please help me update remotely the HOST without go 30 Km from here? Maybe can I use an old version of teamviewer on my PC to have the chance to connect?

Thank you a lot

• JeanK
    edited January 2021

@Barabba After checking, I found out that there is no TeamViewer license activated on your TeamViewer account.

This is the root cause why you can't update your Host remotely.

Please follow this step-by-step activate guides (depending which license you have) :

If you don't manage to activate it yourself, you can reach out to our support anytime:

Community Manager

• Barabba

If I understood it right, if I pay I can connect and update remotely host?

• JeanK

@Barabba Don't you have already a paid TeamViewer license?

This schreeshot

...is from the Customer portal that only customers have.

Community Manager

• Barabba
    edited March 2021

Thans fro answers,

no I'm not a registered user, I'm using it only for this phone and just because there aren't others remote managements programs for Androind. I used it rarely, just for maintenence and I hope I don't have to pay for that.

So shoud I be a registered users to take back control of the device? Don't you think this is just a rude way to make the clients pay?

Sincerely I'm a bit impressed,

may someone (paid) here help me accessing the device and start an update? Thank you a lot!

• You can update your TeamViewer application on your own devices and on your remote devices easily to always work with the latest version of TeamViewer.Activate the auto update for your TeamViewer full version, in order to always be able to use the latest TeamViewer features. If activated, the latest version within your major software release is installed automatically. If deactivated, it is not possible to do a remote update for the device.