Teamviewer is the worst buying experience ever!

pppppppppppppppppp
pppppppppppppppppp Posts: 9 ✭✭
edited January 2021 in General questions

I just purchased Teamviewer license.

The sales process is absolutely a mess.

Immediately after the purchase and of course charging the card I just got 3 emails, TeamViewer-Tensor, TeamViewer-RemoteManagement, TeamViewer-IoT probably subscribing me to some mailing lists without my consent (Illegal in the EU by GDPR)

No license code, no invoice - absolutely nothing. I cannot have a purchase to my business without an invoice - especially not in the EU. That is illegal. This is a German-based company, and if they don't even send an invoice I will be forced to file a lawsuit.

The support number is not working, just a list of time wasting menus. And the advertised number for my country is not working at all, unable to call. And the info that the team is enjoying a well deserved vacation. What?????

The login to the user account (which I had to figure out myself since there was no instructions sent by email of any kind) reports me as "free".

What kind of scam service is this?????????

Either deliver the purchased license, or refund immediately.

Update after 1 hour - I got "order notification" but still no invoice nor license. It took 1 hour for email to arrive (yes, I have checked spam folder, nothing there).

Update - after whole day I received license and invoice. I have yet to verify if license works. And to cancel automatic billing for the next year since I am 100% sure I will never give money to this company again.

Answers

• Azur
    Azur Posts: 2 ✭✭
    edited December 2020

I ll be honest with you, I have exactly the same problem for now 2 months. I got refunded on paypal avec the first month cause, why do I pay to have nothing now ? And now ( and be careful, you ll probably have the same problem ) they are harrassing me to pay the license ( wich I did when I wanted the license , I have 4 mails from teamviewer and paypal saying that it was paid and processed ... ), and if I don't they send the case to their debt collection team ...

• Just fight them. It is illegal for them to bill you on something you don't use, especially as they can easily deactivate you on their end. Instead they go though all sorts of legal fineprints in the EULA to bill you. It is unethical and horrible business practice. This company doesn't deserve my money and I found it the hard way just barely 1 day into my subscription.

• pppppppppppppppppp
    pppppppppppppppppp Posts: 9 ✭✭
    edited January 2021

To update - after super-long wait time for license key, the license does work and the invoice was received too. But the support is a poor experience and I will definitely not be renewing the subscription for this software again.

• iWebCrafter
    iWebCrafter Posts: 1

I have to agree with these comments. TeamViewer hs loas their way. There are way better companies to play with get out of TeamViewer as fast as you can.