How can I download the free TeamViewer software on an iMac running OS 10.11?

Options

I'm trying to help a friend who is in an assisted living facility use her computer. She tried to download TeamViewer on her iMac, but got an error message that she had to update her OS to at least 10.13.6.

Her computer is older and cannot be updated. According to the information on the TeamViewer website, she should be able to run the latest version with her computer.

📌Note: We are no longer actively servicing macOS 10.6 to 10.12. You can continue using the last supported version of TeamViewer on those operating systems, but we are no longer providing updates or fixes which are specific to them. See this announcement for more details.

Any advice?

Best Answer

• JoshP
    JoshP Posts: 894 Community Manager 🌍
    edited February 2021 Answer ✓
    Options

Hello @HelpingElderlyFriend

Thanks for your post, and welcome to the TeamViewer Community!

The announcement linked at the bottom of the article actually pertains to your situation and offers a resolution.

As you can see in the above table, macOS 10.11 requires a specific version; 15.2. The standard installation of TeamViewer is the latest version of 15, which at the time of this post is 15.13.6.

The announcement provides the download links for 15.2 so you can use them on the 10.11 iMac.

You will find these links at the bottom of the announcement in the link above.

Hope this helps!

Josh P.

Senior Community Moderator

---

Answers

• JoshP
    JoshP Posts: 894 Community Manager 🌍
    edited February 2021 Answer ✓
    Options

Hello @HelpingElderlyFriend

Thanks for your post, and welcome to the TeamViewer Community!

The announcement linked at the bottom of the article actually pertains to your situation and offers a resolution.

As you can see in the above table, macOS 10.11 requires a specific version; 15.2. The standard installation of TeamViewer is the latest version of 15, which at the time of this post is 15.13.6.

The announcement provides the download links for 15.2 so you can use them on the 10.11 iMac.

You will find these links at the bottom of the announcement in the link above.

Hope this helps!

Josh P.

Senior Community Moderator

---

• HelpingElderlyFriend
    Options

Thank you very much! I did follow the link, but was afraid to ask my friend to download another app without knowing if it would really work. I will ask her to try it! Thanks again!