Removing License from the computer with Windows 10

Options

My computer with Windows 10 no longer belongs to my former employer. Now it is my private computer. But Teamviewer is still licensed on that computer. It says "PaidLicense". How can I remove the license from my computer and use Teamviewer as "Free for Personal Use"? I have no impact on my former employer. I can't force him to take any steps on his side.

Thank you.

Answers

• AlenaC
    AlenaC Posts: 931 Moderator
    edited February 2021
    Options

Hi @ViliamR ,

thank you for reaching out to us. Welcome to the community 🤩

If you are part of a company profil, only the administrator of that company profil can remove you from the company profile.

If that is not possible, you could create a new TeamViewer account, e.g.? Sign out from the current account and sign into the new one.

Please also check if your computer was assigned to the company. In the TeamViewer client --> Extras --> Options --> General tap --> account assignment? If yes, please remove:

Please read more information about assignments here:

Hope this helps. Please let us know if we can assist you with more information.

Best, Alena 🙋‍♀️

Spanish Community Moderator :)

• ViliamR
    ViliamR Posts: 1
    Options

Hello,

thank you for your quick response.

• Probably I am not part of the company profile.
    • Right now I am not signed in. Now, there is in TeamViewer only option for: Sign in. But when I try to sign in with my newly created private account, Teamviewer still says, it is licensed "PaidLicense".
    • My computer is not assigned to the company. There is information: No assignment yet.

Maybe it is because it was licensed/activated very long time ago, with some code-key or license file? (old licensing model?, without signing to web accounts?)

What can I try next?

Thank you. :-)

• AlenaC
    AlenaC Posts: 931 Moderator
    edited February 2021
    Options

Hi @ViliamR ,

thanks for your answer. Let´s try another option. If you send me in a PRIVATE message your ID, I could forward it to my colleagues in support, so that they can check our records and hopefully take the license of your device.

Best, Alena

Spanish Community Moderator :)

• MarsIsMine
    MarsIsMine Posts: 1
    Options

I have the same problem how do I get help?