Partner shows as offline even though they are not

Hello. I use this tool (THANK YOU!) to help my elderly mother who lives many miles away. It is much easier for me to help her with computer problems if I can log onto her system to see what she is talking about. "should I click the thing?" is not helpful when I don't know what "thing" she means.

Anyway, today she needed help, and TeamViewer failed me. :-( She was connected to the internet and she even opened TeamViewer (she typically does not have to as I have it set to always start on her computer), but we could not connect. I don't even know where to start to troubleshoot why. She did have a newer version, but even after I upgraded mine to match hers we could not connect.

Please help.

Answers

• Ramalea
    Ramalea Posts: 1

Did anyone solve this error and know how?

• Akiho
    Akiho Posts: 1,210 Moderator
    edited October 2021

Hi corcutt and Ramalea,

Thank you for contacting TeamViewer Community.

Please restart TeamViewer services. On Windows, completely close the remote TeamViewer including restarting the TeamViewer service. (Start --> run --> services.msc -> find TeamViewer and restart it)

Also, would you check the knowledge article please - Supported operating systems and Which ports are used by TeamViewer? for internet enviroment.

Hope this could help.

Best Regards,

Akiho

Japanese Community Moderator / コミュニティモデレーター