How do I change the Owner of a Custom module?

Options

We have a Custom module where the Owner is a person no longer with our company:

• How do I change the owner to another person (me for example)?
  • What happens if we delete the user that is the owner of a costume module?
  • Is it possible to make a copy/clone of costume module, and will the person making the copy then be owner of the custom module?

Thanks!

Comments

• tturner_rhp
    tturner_rhp Posts: 2 ✭✭
    Options

I've got a very similar issue. Someone already deleted the user and it's causing some problems for us during deployments.

• JeanK
    JeanK Posts: 6,988 Community Manager 🌍
    edited August 2021
    Options

Hello @Robert_Winther and @tturner_rhp,

This is the exact scenario why creating modules from an individual account is not recommended.

We recommend using a master account (generic account) in order to manage centrally all users, modules and policies.

Please find all relevant information and how to proceed here:

The solution here would be to create a master account and to create a new module from this master account.

I hope this could help. 😊

If not, do not hesitate to ask your questions here. 👇

Community Manager

• wo365
    wo365 Posts: 12 ✭✭
    Options

if a 'master' account is the solution, why can the other create groups. Do we have to ask the users politely not to create groups and if they do and add devices in that group, what do we do then ? Fire them ? This is a toxic IT environment with security issues.

• Alvaro_DGI2
    Alvaro_DGI2 Posts: 1
    Options

Another issue with master accounts is that they are enabling two factor authentication is not easy. since that connect the account to one person, and that person, just like what happened to OP might end up not working with the office anymore.

What would be the protocol to properly secure a master account, that belongs to the organization and not a particular person