Activation on Free Account

Diarmait
Diarmait Posts: 3 ✭✭
edited May 2023 in Licensing

Yesterday I purchased a Remote Access Base license. I log in with my account in the Customer Portal and see the account is "Active." In the app, after logging in, it still shows "free."

Also, when I click "Add Remote Access Endpoint" an error occurs suggesting that I contact support.

Answers

• JeanK
    JeanK Posts: 6,973 Community Manager 🌍

Hello @Diarmait,

There are three elements here that we need to differentiate:

The activation of your license

This is done via the license activation email you received after purchasing your license. The subject of this email is Activation of your TeamViewer license.

Depending on the license you have purchased, please follow the activation guide for your license:

The sucessful activation of your license will allow to you to use the TeamViewer license you have purchased. It is the most important step you need to go through in order to successfully get started.

The validation of your TeamViewer account

This security process is mandatory in order to verify that the account has been deliberately created by you.

Every user has to validate its TeamViewer account, no matter if you have purchased a license or not.

If you have validated your TeamViewer account, this does not mean that you have activated your TeamViewer license.

If this link has expired, this means that you already have activated your TeamViewer account and you can move forward to the license activation. 

The activation of your customer portal

This is more relevant for the people who will manage the paperwork of the TeamViewer license (accounting, renewals, license upgrade/extensions, etc...). This is done via the customer portal activation email that you received after purchasing your licence. The subject of this email is [Action required] Set up your access to the TeamViewer Customer Portal.

The customer portal gives you access to all your important documents concerning TeamViewer, e.g your invoices. For more information, please see the following article: TeamViewer Customer Portal

Community Manager