Remote update does not update

Options

Hi,

when I perform a remote update on my desktop at work from home the update starts, I get disconnected but when I reconnect the new version hasn't been installed. The previous version remains and the app tells me that an upgrade is available.

How can I resolve this?

Comments

• oliver_jones
    oliver_jones Posts: 3 ✭✭
    Options

I have tried several times and now it states that an update process is already running.

• JeanK
    JeanK Posts: 6,988 Community Manager 🌍
    Options

Hello @oliver_jones,

As you are running a 32-bit version on a 64-bit compatible device, you will need to manually uninstall TeamViewer and install the latest 64-bit version.

Once you have the 64-bit version installed, you will be able to do remote updates at anyime.

Community Manager

• oliver_jones
    oliver_jones Posts: 3 ✭✭
    edited April 2021
    Options

WOW! Yes, I am running a 32-bit version, I never noticed. It would be nice if the app was able to detect a 32-bit version running on a 64bit machine, and then warn you that the remote update is not possible, I wouldn't think that was too difficult. Instead, they prefer you to bash your head against a brick wall wondering why something so fundamental is not working.

Anyway, thanks for responding to my call for help, much appreciated, I will have to wait until I'm next in the office to upgrade to the 64-bit version,

kind regards,

Ollie