TFA on iOS doesn't show "Approve" / "Deny"

Mojo
Mojo Posts: 4 ✭✭

I've set up a couple of TFA on computers with TeamViewer version 15.17.6.

I've scanned their QR code with my mobile Teamviwer Remote Support app (version 15.17.1214).

When I try to log into one of those Pc's, I get a push notification on my iPhone - but it only shows IPs .. .there's no "Approve" or "Deny".

How can I approve the conenction on iOS?

Comments

• JeanK
    JeanK Posts: 6,985 Community Manager 🌍

Hello @Mojo,

I tested it on an iPhone and this is how the push notification should look like:

And after clicking on it, you can Allow or Refuse the connection:

Community Manager

• Aren_Savusavu
    Aren_Savusavu Posts: 22 ✭✭

I have a Remote Access licence, with TeamViewer version 15.16.8 (32 bit) on my remote PC and remote Laptop.

My iPhone has installed TeamViewer version 15.17.1214 CL. I don't know if this is 32 bit or 64 bit.

My Accounts shows all 3 as Trusted Devices. I have TFA installed.

I can sign in to my PC and my Laptop using the TFA, without problem.

But my iPhone is looping in a circular routine of asking for TFA security code, and when this is entered, it reverts to the Sign-In screen asking for email and password. After signing in (again !), my iPhone again (!) asks for the TFA security code. How can I get past this crazy loop and get TeamViewer working on my iPhone ?

• Mojo
    Mojo Posts: 4 ✭✭
    edited May 2021
  • JeanK

It seems that you just unlock your screen, instead of clicking on the notification.

You need to click on the notification, so the Accept and Refuse pop-up shows up.

Community Manager

• chrullrich
    chrullrich Posts: 14 ✭✭

I have a very similar problem, also on iOS. It might even be the exact same.

If the TeamViewer app is in the foreground at the time I attempt to log on to a target, nothing happens. If the app is not in the foreground, or the phone is locked, then I see the push notification. I press on it (and unlock the phone if necessary), the TeamViewer app comes up, and nothing further happens.

My support ticket on that has been sitting idle since Friday, so I'm sure I'll be hearing from TeamViewer soon. I will post an update here if I get a helpful answer.

• JeanK

@chrullrich many thanks for these updates.

💡I recommend attaching the log files in the ticket of the impacted device(s), so your ticket can be processed directly by our engineers.

Community Manager

• Indiana999
    Indiana999 Posts: 1
    edited May 2021

Same issue for me as described above... 10 days later since the last post. I enabled 2FA on a couple of Windows PC's, and now have no access to them as I can't Approve on my iPhone. :/ Hopefully a fix very soon.

*** Thank you chrullrich... Deleting the TeamViewer app from my iPhone, and adding it again, did indeed fix the issue. And thank you TeamViewer developers.

• Frifis
    Frifis Posts: 1

This issue still exists when updating from an older version. I updated my TVR mobile app on iOS today (after initially not working with 2FA: not showing any confirmation option or login info at all when connecting to my computer) and still had no push message after update or any message while using the app. (also nothing while screen lock or any other variant - simply nothing happening)

Finally found this thread and have to confirm, that updating to the latest version 15.23.1 still doesnt really re-initialize the app in a way, that it would work immediately (for 2FA).

Deleting and reinstall fixed it for me as well, no need to re-capture the QR Code even.

An updated FAQ on 2FA connections (hinting for reinstall of old TVR versions) would probably be extremely helpful for this frustrating error for other users.

PS: iPhone 12 and iOS 15.1, don't know the pre-update TVR app version any more