Non-Commercial install times out after a about 60 seconds with no explanation

Options
MOG73
MOG73 Posts: 1

PLEASE DON'T GROUP THIS WITH COMMERCIAL USE SUSPECTED QUESTIONS. IT IS NOT RELATED.

I have three computers with Team Viewer Personal Use installed. My Macbook Pro that I travel with, my Mac Mini that sits at home, and an old Windows XP computer that I use as a poor man's NAS (Network Attached Storage). None of these are running a server OS. None of these are work machines, they are all personal computers.

I am running version: 15.16.8 (b0756eefb01).

Until recently I have had no problems remote controlling my Mac Mini from my cottage using my Laptop. In the past week my connection times out after 60 seconds (approx.) and it blocks my connection for longer and longer periods each time I try to re-connect. Two dialogs pop up when it drops the connection:

"This was a free session sponsored by www.teamviewer.com. TeamViewer session are free of charge for personal use. We thank you for playing fair!" -- and I do.

"Your TeamViewer session has timed out and will be closed." -- this occurs while in the middle of navigating to the file I am trying to transfer or view on my home computer about 60 seconds after I have established the connection!

Trying to re-connect I get another dialog:

"Connection blocked after timeout. Your license limits the maximum session duration to a partner, immediate reconnects are blocked. Please try later or upgrade your license. Connection to this partner will be blocked until XX:XX." -- the time is initially one minute from now. After waiting the requisite minute, or slightly longer, it immediately re-issues the block message with a longer time-out. If I wait long enough it will re-connect for another 60 seconds or so.

What can I do to fix this time-out issue?

Answers

• Esther
    Esther Posts: 4,051 Former Community Manager
    Options

Well - it is 99,9% related to commercial use suspected and so we should merge it and with this, give you the hint to go to: https://www.teamviewer.com/reset

Former Community Manager