Which version of TeamViewer work for windows 98 Me

Options
ABELO
ABELO Posts: 5 ✭✭

I have tried team viewer from version 3.6, have also tried team viewer quick support they all brought errors none of them couldn't connect, does anyone know how to connect windows 98 to TeamViewer it was urgent, thank you so much in advance!

Answers

• Justin
    Justin Posts: 802 [Former Staff]
    Options

Hello @ABELO,

a list of supported operating systems, can be found here:

Best,

Justin

German Community Moderator

• ABELO
    Options

I just checked them, but windows 98 isn't listed. We have a cnc machine which runs with windows 98 pc office, we encountered a problem and the company is willing to fix the issue through TeamViewer but TeamViewer isn't connecting with windows 98, can you please suggest us a solution,thank you in advance

• JeanK
    JeanK Posts: 6,987 Community Manager 🌍
    Options

Hello @ABELO,

It is not possible to use TeamViewer for Windows 98 anymore.

The versions are there compatible back in the days are all sunset.

Please find the compatibilities here:

Community Manager

• ABELO
    Options

I am now trying on xp, I couldn't get the link to download TeamViewer quick support 14.2 latest version available on xp,can anyone send me please! Thank you

• JeanK
    Options

You need to download it directly from the TeamViewer 15 link.

The system will recognize Windows XP and version 14.2 will be automatically downloaded.

Community Manager

• ABELO
    Options

I installed xp on two different pc, then installed TeamViewer as you mentioned, it automatically downloaded 14.2.56680 version of TeamViewer on both pc, but when one xp is trying to remote control the other xp it's brings this error, "the remote TeamViewer is running an old version which is out of date" I have attached the error, I installed quick support too , it brings the same error

I also tried connecting windows 10 to xp but that didn't work either. It says incompatible versions. I tried to use Xp pc to control my android phone by installing quick setup on my android that worked, but what I need is the reverse, I want to control my xp from other pc. Thank you in advance!

• ABELO
    Options

When checking a new versions it says your TeamViewer is up to date in xp

• JeanK
    Options

Hello @ABELO,

Sorry, I didn't tell it before, but connecting to previous versions (Windows XP e.g.) requires a license.

It is not possible via the free version of TeamViewer.

Community Manager