TeamViewer MULTIOUTPUTDEVICE is ruining my life

Every time I start up my computer there is no audio until I switch to a real audio device that is real and exists and has a purpose. I removed the malware installer ("TeamViewer") and it's still there! Permanently!! Whose idea was this?

Best Answer

• JesseTV
    JesseTV Posts: 1 Staff member 🤠
    Answer ✓

Hi!

There has been an update on this.

Please make sure that you have selected from the options "Send sound from this device" as shown in the picture below:

This should fix the issue.

If this does not work, please contact our support via support ticket or by calling us.

-Jesse, TeamViewer Support

Answers

• Unayung
    Unayung Posts: 1

Hi. I was struggled with this issue for months. and I just googled this solution which works !

Follow these steps:

• Launch the Audio MIDI Setup (by default, this app is located in Applications > Utilities > Audio MIDI Setup)
    • Once open you'll see a list of devices on the left-hand side
    • Select the Belkin S52
    • Now click on the minus - button to remove it
    • Follow any prompts you may get

and we select the TeamViewer Multioutput Device and click the minus as described above.

and voila :D

hope this works on your Mac too.

• Schizm
    Schizm Posts: 2 ✭✭

For me, this does not solve the issue. It removes it, but it then reappears again soon after. I even did reboots after following the steps above and removing it. My clients are a little upset as it is screwing up their output choices.

• JesseTV
    JesseTV Posts: 1 Staff member 🤠
    Answer ✓

Hi!

There has been an update on this.

Please make sure that you have selected from the options "Send sound from this device" as shown in the picture below:

This should fix the issue.

If this does not work, please contact our support via support ticket or by calling us.

-Jesse, TeamViewer Support

• Evgeniy29
    Evgeniy29 Posts: 1

"Please make sure that you have selected from the options "Send sound from this device" as shown in the picture below:"

Mac mini M1 (2020) - macOS Monterey 12.5 - TeamViewer Host 15.32.3 H (08ee49d90b1)

No such menu item!!! Please help!