Remote Connection between Smartphones

Options
Andreasw
Andreasw Posts: 10 ✭✭
edited July 2021 in Mobile

Hello Community,

I cannot get to my destination with a remote connection between two smartphones.

I would like to set up a Samsung S21 Android 11 as a controlling smartphone and a Huawei P20Pro (Android 10) as a controlled smartphone.

I install Teamviewer on the S21 and the Teamviewer Host app on the Huawei with the additional required universal add-on.

I have created an account, which I enter in the required fields in the Huawei. The account and everything else is set up on the S21. Now

I have the following problem.

I would like to control the Huawei from Germany, it is not in the same place. If I want to establish a connection,

I have to open the "HOST" app on the Huawei because it is not automatically loaded after a restart, for example, even in the I have to bring the host app first.

Next, when both are green, I'll connect. As soon as the connection is established, a message appears on the Huawei: "Host is recording all activities displayed on your screen. (Cancel or Start now).

If I confirm this, the connection will only be established.

But that's not what I mean by an unsupervised connection.

In addition, the Samsung S21 can control from nothing.

At the time I am about 1000 km away and cannot confirm the button.

Any a idea???

Answers

• Esther
    Esther Posts: 4,051 Former Community Manager
    Options

Hi Andreas,

Did you try to connect to the Host even though it is shown as offline?

I suspect, the app is in Eco Mode:

What is the Eco Mode?

The Android Eco Mode feature of TeamViewer will help conserve the device's battery life and mobile data (3G or LTE) when TeamViewer is active on the device. If activated, the devices will show as offline; you will still be able to start the app remotely, however, from within the Computers & Contacts list and connect to it.

After closing the TeamViewer connection, the app will go back to the Eco Mode after 10 minutes.

You can use Eco Mode on devices running Android 4 or higher.

Former Community Manager

• Andreasw
    Options

Hi Esther, did you see my photo?My problem is not the Eco Mode. I cannot Set a checkmark to get automaticly next time a connect to Host. This Windows staying every time in hosts Windows and I must manually confirm befor I get a connect to him.

• Esther
    Options

Ok - I am sorry. I think I misunderstood.

That seems to be a setting that causes the connection to not start before this manual confirmation.

I do not have an Android device to check whether there is a setting that can be set to "Always allow". @TV_Benjamin Do you know how to set this up to not popup as a connection-blocker on the host?

Former Community Manager

• Andreasw
    Options

HI Esther, I waiting of your next answering. Now have deleted Eco Mode. I do not need it, because both Smartphone hanging on loading cable, if I connect it. To another Problem, I Google it and found another Photos with same Situation. Here could User set this checkmark, Which is missing. I actually thought it had something to do with my supposed commercial use that was done to me. But I'm just a small private individual who wants to maintain their own remote network. Andreas

• Esther
    Options

I do not think this has something to do with a commercial suspicion.

I checked in with Benjamin and he said the popup that comes is actually expected behavior caused by the OS - to be more precise: It is a security measure from Android. This causes that we here at TeamViewer can´t change it.

That the app does not automatically load after a restart is currently under investigation. Benjamin has the same experience on his device.

Regarding the S21, he suggests checking the Knox settings again.

Former Community Manager

• Andreasw
    Options

Hi Esther, let me tell you, I already reset the host smartphone(Huawei P20pro) to factory settings, as I suspected that an incorrect setting could be the triggern. But I get the same Situation. (without checkmark)

• Andreasw
    Options

How I do it? Knox settings.???

• Esther
    Options

I am not an expert on Knox - I am afraid I need to ask you to check some Samsung pages for this.

Former Community Manager

• Andreasw
    Options

Hm, 🥺, I will Google it.

• Andreasw
    edited September 2021
    Options

I have news. I installed (third party product) and Test it. It makes same trouble befor remote steering is working. But I get this in Booth sides. If I installed TeamViewer again and Test it from Huawei to Samsung. Same Windows, was asked before connect to other phone. Please find a Solution son as possible. End of next week I must travel back to Germany. I would have a solution to remote my smarhome tools in Sweden.

• TV_Benjamin
    TV_Benjamin Posts: 48 Staff member 🤠
    Options

Hello @Andreasw - as my colleague already explained: As already mentioned, this is one of the security policies/functions imposed by the operating system manufacturer. This is directly caused by Android and, for example, in the case of Samsung, further stemmed by Samsung Knox. We cannot offer a solution here, as the operating system will always have the upper hand and we will in no way try to bypass or override any security features. As you have already seen, not only we but also our competitors are limited by this.

Thank you for understanding that in this case, we can only advise you to contact Samsung. Perhaps you can be helped at this point.

For Huawei, there is no solution that I can offer you.

Best regards,

Benjamin