Quick question

Anduan
Anduan Posts: 3 ✭✭

I would like to operate my phone remotely with a laptop. In this case, is one license that will be used on the laptop enough for me? Can the account on the phone be free then? Can I log into my account on my phone and laptop at the same time? Sorry if these are simple questions, but I was not able to find a satisfactory answer quickly.

Best Answer

• JoshP
    JoshP Posts: 894 Community Manager 🌍
    Answer ✓

Hello @Anduan

Thank you for your post, and welcome to the TeamViewer community!

With TeamViewer, only one device in the connection needs a license.

So, if you license the laptop, you would not need a license on the phone, nor any other device you would wish to connect to.

Hope this helps clarify 🍀

Josh P.

Senior Community Moderator

---

Answers

• JoshP
    Answer ✓

Hello @Anduan

Thank you for your post, and welcome to the TeamViewer community!

With TeamViewer, only one device in the connection needs a license.

So, if you license the laptop, you would not need a license on the phone, nor any other device you would wish to connect to.

Hope this helps clarify 🍀

Josh P.

---

• Anduan

Hello @JoshP

Thanks for your reply, everything is clear for me now :)

• Anduan

I would like to extend my previous question because there is one thing that confused me when buying a license. I want to control my smartphone from my computer, or in this case I have to buy the "Support for mobile devices" addon or Single User licence is enough? What is this addon in reality? I can't find any more news on this. I would like to be sure before buying.

• JoshP

Hello @Anduan,

Mobile Device Support, or the ability to connect to mobile devices (viewing iOS devices and viewing/controlling Android devices) is an Add-On license. This allows computer-to-mobile as well as mobile-to-mobile connections.

The base license would allow you to control your computer from your phone, but not vise versa.

You can find more info here:

Josh P.

---