Initializing Display settings ...

mafeistswiss
mafeistswiss Posts: 11 ✭✭
edited August 2021 in General questions

Where is tzhe problem.

I`m using 10 PC`s in my private network and i can connect to all these PC`s - except the PC number 5. After a remote update the connection doesn`t work. Always get the message: Initailizing Display Setting" - that`s it.

I reinstalled Teamviewer a couple of times (on both sides) - always the same. I also checked some forum entries, but unfortunately no solution found.

What can i do?

thanks a milli0on in advance

regards

Martin

Answers

• JeanK
    JeanK Posts: 6,973 Community Manager 🌍

Hello @mafeistswiss,

I recommend restarting the TeamViewer service on your PC number 5.

If this does not solve the issue, you will need to restart the TeamViewer service on the computer starting the connection as well.

We explain how to proceed right here:

Community Manager

• mafeistswiss

Hello,

I`m using Teamviwer (latest version) to manage and control my 10x WIN10Pro PC`s.

Since an remote update to one the PC`s (name is "ToulouseMS") the Connection between my Laptop and the ToulouseMS can not be established. The connection to all other PC`s (from Laptop -> all other PC`s is working fine, also the connection between all other PC`s to all other PC`s incl. my laptop is working except to the ToulouseMS PC.

When staring up the connection the Passwort Window opened and after the input of the Password - it shows always: Initialzing the screen parameter - after that the connection closed ... hmmm.

I reinstalled the Teamviewer a couple of times on the MasterPC, also deinstalled the Teamviewer completely via Windows (incl. Setting), also with the geek uninstaller to uninstall register entries ... no success.

Can anybody give me a hint of what I can try and do to get this connection up and running again.

It was working fine and well (before the remote update)

thanks a million in advance - I`m helpless!

regards

Martin

• mafeistswiss

Hello Jean,

I have try it like the video says - no result - After entering the Password - I can see on the ToulousMS that Teamviewer tries to establish the connection, on my Laptop the Screen shwos the same message - after a few seconds tze connection disconneced.

restart the service on bothe sides

Martin

• mafeistswiss

Hello Jean,

... any add. ideas?

thanks - Martin

• JeanK

That sounds like a weird bug.

I recommend reinstalling TeamViewer on both computers.

Community Manager

• mafeistswiss

Hello Jean,

today I updated all PC`s with the latest Windows Patch and with that I reinstalled on both Computers the TV App with Geek Uninstaller completely, restarted the PC`s and installed the latest version of TV again - with no success.

Same as before: MobilePC has Connection to all other PC`s in both directions except to the ToulouseMS- PC. After Password the connection trys to establish, Message initialzing ... and than the connection closed.

regards

Martin

• JeanK

Did you also perform the reinstallation on the ToulouseMS-PC as well?

Community Manager

• mafeistswiss

Hi Jean,

yes, on both Computers

Martin

• mafeistswiss

actual status:

• MobilePC: complete deinstalled (via Windows and also Geek unsinstaller) and completely new installed.
    • ToulouseMS-PC: complete deinstalled (via Windows and also Geek unsinstaller) and completely new installed.
    • Connection to all PC`s (except the ToulouseMS PC) possible
    • all other PC`s (except ToulouseMS-PC) are reachable via Teamviewer from Mobile PC, to Mobile PC and also among each other
    • No connection to TouloseMS-PC from Mobile PC or all other PC`s
    • latest version of TV on all PC`s

• mafeistswiss

Hi Jean,

any other ideas? Would it be possible to make a short TV session together? Timeslot is up to you

regards - Martin

• mafeistswiss

Hi Jean,

any ideas? I`ve contacted Teamviewer, but they don`t give 2nd. Level Support for my License -

• JeanK

Hello,

All licenses include customer support (Level 1 and 2 included).

Have you submitted a ticket? If not, you can do it via the link below:

Open a ticket

Community Manager