Unattended Access needs Admin account

Options
AK777
AK777 Posts: 3 ✭✭

So I recently upgraded my pc and my kids pc's which I sometimes log-into to help with class work etc.. In the past, I had the pc's setup as as Unattended access so no need to ask them to read me off the passwords everytime... Keep in mind that both those pc's I had access to are not "Admin" accounts. Their under Microsoft family regular accounts. While I can set this up when I login with my "admin" account, I can't get the option when I use the kids accounts I setup.

It used to work on the prior pc's under their same windows logins (still windows 10).

What do I need to do?

Best Answer

• JeanK
    JeanK Posts: 6,987 Community Manager 🌍
    edited August 2021 Answer ✓
    Options

I've asked @Justin for some help and he provided us with the solution. 💡

How to start TeamViewer as an admin permanently

1) Right-click on the TeamViewer shortcut and select Properties

2) Access the Compatibility menu and tick the box Run this program as an administrator

3) Click on Apply and then on OK

Your program will always run as an administrator. ✅

Let us know if this has helped!

Community Manager

Answers

• JeanK
    Options

Hello @AK777,

When you are logged in to the Kids accounts, could you try to open TeamViewer as an administrator and check it fixes the issue?

To do so, find TeamViewer in your Windows search bar, right-click on it and select Run as administrator.

I hope this could help. 😊

If not, do not hesitate to ask your questions here. 👇

Community Manager

• AK777
    Options

Yes, when I right click and "Run as administrator", it works. However, when I close teamviewer and open as normal "not admin", it's back to the same issue. How can I make the "run as administrator" permanent? As I mentioned, the setup on the past pc's (logged in under the non-adminstrative accounts used to work).

P.S. When TeamViewer is open, It shows my correct profile (Top left above "Remote control") since that's what I signed in as for all the TeamViewer apps. However, the account that shows on top (the light blue bar that says "Free license (non-commerial use only - NAME) shows the kids name (kids non admin windows login profile).

• JeanK
    edited August 2021 Answer ✓
    Options

I've asked @Justin for some help and he provided us with the solution. 💡

How to start TeamViewer as an admin permanently

1) Right-click on the TeamViewer shortcut and select Properties

2) Access the Compatibility menu and tick the box Run this program as an administrator

3) Click on Apply and then on OK

Your program will always run as an administrator. ✅

Let us know if this has helped!

Community Manager

• AK777
    Options

Thank you. This method worked.