How to connect to Teamviewer v10 after 15 September 2021?

I have multiple machines all over the world running Teamviewer version 10, that I need to access once a year or once every 2 years. Today I need to connect to one of those and I cannot. I am getting a message "Old versions of teamviewer have been discontinued as of 15 september 2021. to continue connecting".

How I can I connect to these machines now?

Some of those are virtual machines installed by some outsource company that no longer exists. If TV 10 is useless now, at least auto upgrade them to some newer version because the worst case scenario is already happening.

Comments

• MR_E
    MR_E Posts: 2

Hi Andrer,

I have the same issue, and I guess we will not be the only ones. Have you had any responses/resolutions yet?

• Justin
    Justin Posts: 802 [Former Staff]

Hello @andrer & @MR_E,

You can find all relevant information about the discontinuation of TeamViewer 10 in the article below:

However, to get back to your initial question on what to do next, I need you both to manually update those devices to the latest version supported. The reason for that is that Connections outside your network with corresponding versions will not be possible any longer.

I hope that could clarify it for you. If you still have any questions, please don't hesitate to ask me.

Best,

Justin

German Community Moderator

• MR_E
    MR_E Posts: 2

Hi Justin,

Upgrading if we have local access is not a problem, the problem is if physical access is not practical or possible. This for us is a massively costly exercise. Is it not possible to allow users to send an update command to the remote Teamviewer client when trying to connect?

We have many hundreds of connections out there so really would like some way of updating without having to attend.

Thanks