Crashing on MAC?

Options
MatthaeusG
MatthaeusG Posts: 2 ✭✭
edited October 2021 in General questions

Hi All :) Loving Team Viewer and the main issue i am facing is that it's crashing on my MAC, especially when the MAC is idle. Anything i can try to fix this issue please?

Appreciate your Time & Expertise, a lot

Answers

• JeanK
    JeanK Posts: 6,990 Community Manager 🌍
    edited October 2021
    Options

Hello @MatthaeusG,

Thank you for posting here!

I am sorry to come up with such a "classic" suggestion, but did you already try to uninstall/reinstall TeamViewer on your Mac?

We know from experience that a full reinstallation can resolve crashing issues.

We have a guide that explains our best practices to fully uninstall TeamViewer on Macs. 👇

Hope this helps! 🍀

Community Manager

• MatthaeusG
    MatthaeusG Posts: 2 ✭✭
    Options

Thanks so much Sir, will definitely try that! :)

• JeanK
    JeanK Posts: 6,990 Community Manager 🌍
    Options

Hello @MatthaeusG,

I was discussing earlier today with a colleague about crashing issues on Mac.

Therefore, I thought about your post and wanted to ask you if you have found new learning about your crashes?

By the way, did you have time to try the full reinstallation?

I am just very curious now...

Community Manager

• ansj64
    ansj64 Posts: 1
    Options

Hi

I tried installing Teamviewer v 15.24.5 on a Mac mid 2012 running MacOSX Catalina.

After installation, I try to run it and it will load and then crash. It won't even allow you to do anything at all, like setting configurations and such. Hence the suggestion above to uninstall and install is virtually useless so you cannot even run the app properly to do a proper uninstall.

I have tried uninstalling using uninstall software like Clean My Mac to no avail. I have also manually gone into the preferences library to actually delete teamviewer files and delete teamviewer by moving the app to trash and then installing it. Again to no avail.

I guess it just doesn't like working on a Mac. At least this version with this particular Mac OS.