Stuck at: Waiting for Authentication

Options

When i try to connect to my computer it shows "waiting for authentication", but nothing happens, after some time it times out. (If tried Entering the password, accepting manually and EasyAccess.)

Connecting to other devises is no problem, it just seems to get stuck when i try to connect to my computer.

It works fine when booting windows in safe mode.

I have tried reinstalling, uninstalling programs (including antivirus), disabling Firewall but nothing seems to do the trick.

I would really appreciate it if someone had an idea what I could do about it.

Log on pastebin YS0htN9F

Tagged:

Best Answer

• JVice
    JVice Posts: 3 ✭✭
    edited February 2022 Answer ✓
    Options

@peter200 Found a solution! I had tried uninstalling TeamViewer a few times and that didn't fix the issue. A coworker pointed out that the TeamViewer ID remained the same after I reinstalled. So, we worked through the steps at the following link to change the ID and it worked! https://theitbros.com/reset-teamviewer-id/

Answers

• Akiho
    Akiho Posts: 1,216 Moderator
    edited October 2021
    Options

Hi peter200,

Thank you for reaching out to the Community and we are sorry about the inconvenience cased.

We confirmed a connectivity issue when accessing our services. (Please check more details from our status page.)

You're case might be cased because of this issue.

I got information that the issue has been resolved.

Please kindly restart TeamViewer services and check the connection. On Windows, completely close the remote TeamViewer including restarting the TeamViewer service. (Start --> run --> services.msc -> find TeamViewer and restart it)

Thank you for your understand and patience. 

Akiho

Japanese Community Moderator / コミュニティモデレーター

• peter200
    peter200 Posts: 5 ✭✭
    Options

Hi @Akiho_S,

thank you for the quick reply, sadly that didn't resolve it.

• Akiho
    Akiho Posts: 1,216 Moderator
    Options

Thank you for your response, peter200😊

May I ask which operating system are you currently using on both devices?

Meanwhile, could you check you are using the latest TeamViewer version on both local and remote devices please?

You can confirm this from TeamViewer application - Help --> Check from new version

Also, if your computer is in a different location from other devices, it might be that your computer can't access any TeamViewer server, and it could be a case of the connection issues.

In this case, please kindly check the Internet environment from the knowledge article - Which ports are used by TeamViewer?

Hope to hear from you soon !!

Akiho

Japanese Community Moderator / コミュニティモデレーター

• peter200
    edited October 2021
    Options

I've just downloaded and reinstalled tv, so yeah newest version.

As to my OS on the PC it's Win10, the other devices, with which I have no problems, were Android and another Laptop running win10.

I have direct access to the PC.

Regarding your idea about not reaching any tv servers, the chat function in tv worked without a problem. Also from my PC I was able to connect to other devices, the issue was just that I'm unable to connect to it.

I've tried disabling win firewall and have uninstalled any anti virus program so I think the issue is not a blocked port.

• JVice
    Options

Hi peter200!

I am having the same issue. Did you ever figure out a solution?

Thanks!

• peter200
    edited January 2022
    Options

Sadly no.

For me the only solution, so far, is to use a different program(like **Third Party Product**).

• JVice
    Options

@peter200

That's a bummer! Thanks for the response!

• JVice
    edited February 2022 Answer ✓
    Options

@peter200 Found a solution! I had tried uninstalling TeamViewer a few times and that didn't fix the issue. A coworker pointed out that the TeamViewer ID remained the same after I reinstalled. So, we worked through the steps at the following link to change the ID and it worked! https://theitbros.com/reset-teamviewer-id/

• peter200
    edited February 2022
    Options

Thank you sooo much, that did it.🎉

For me the ID stayed the same after following the first steps (uninstalling, deleting the leftover Folders and old Reg-Keys), but i still gave it a try and it worked.

• Shtekata
    Shtekata Posts: 1
    Options

I have the same issue! I have PC with Win11 and i try to connect with other PC with Win10. Until recently it was no problem, but now I see "Authentication" message until time is up and I coud'n connect. Problem is not from Firewall or connection, because if I type wrong password it say to me that password is incorrect. So there is a connection and my password is correct. If I try the reverce link, from Win11 to Win10 it's no problems. I think this happens after another update on Win11. I solve the prolem with some of the steps discussed above or more precisely:

1. Go to Add or remove programs, find TeamViewer in the list, and select Uninstall(with all user data).
    2. After removing the program, press Win+R > %Appdata% > OK. Remove the folder TeamViewer.
    3. Remove the TeamViewer folder %USERPROFILE%\AppData\Local.

Than I reinstall Teamviewer and it's works normally!