Teamviewer Quick Support for Android issues

Brandoaz
Brandoaz Posts: 12 ✭✭

i assist my elderly mother remotely on both her home PC ( which works fine) and occasionally i assist her from my android phone using QS on her android phone.

recently , she changed provider and subsequently. got a new phone( a Samsung S21).

Using the play store, i am trying to install QS on her new phone and it shows that it is already installed( it was on her old phone, which has been hidden from the device list), so even when i click on "installed" to install it again, i am told in the drop down..."there are no eligible devices for app install".

its not.

How can i remedy this and get QS installed on her new Samsung S21

Comments

• adrianh
    adrianh Posts: 6 ✭✭
    edited December 2021

So are you saying that it's already installed on the phone (presumably due to restoring the backup of the old phone to the new one)? And are you also saying that the play store won't install it again or that it thinks that there is no compatible app?

If it's thinking that it can't install it again because it's already installed, try uninstalling it from the Settings -> Apps and Notifications -> See all -> QuickSupport (you can use the search at the top of the screen to filter) and then click on the trash icon at the top that says Uninstall. Also, if it did restore all apps, you may also want to uninstall the QuickSupport Addon as it will be for the wrong phone and then install the correct one.

If it's not compatible, then I'm not sure what you can do. What version of Android is the phone running? Is there a description as to why it's not compatible?

HTH