Can we buy a limited license that permits connection to a previous version.

Volunteer_50
Volunteer_50 Posts: 7 ✭✭
edited May 2023 in General questions

A business licensed installation of Teamviewer can connect to a previous version. You have just offered a new and relatively inexpensive remote access license. Can we buy a similar license that permits connections to a remote using a previous version?

Answers

• Volunteer_50

A basic license is priced in a range that a private person can afford. Does this solve the cannot connect to a previous version problem?

• Akiho
    Akiho Posts: 1,210 Moderator

Hi @Volunteer_50,

Thank you for reaching out to the Community✨

The Remote Access license requires the latest TeamViewer version on both remote and local devices.

Regarding connections to the old version, it's difficult to simplify the answer, since they aren't just a license restriction.

Also, if you are trying to connect to an end-of-life version, a license won't help.

Therefore, I highly recommend contacting our sales team directly to discuss the appropriate license based on your situation.

Please note that we recommend using the latest version to increase security.

Kindly ask you to check the Community blog post from the below link.

👉Sunsetting of Outdated Minor Release Versions

Thank you in advance for your understanding and patience.

Best regards,

Akiho

Japanese Community Moderator / コミュニティモデレーター

• Volunteer_50
    edited January 2022

Thanks for your answer.

I couldn't send a request to your sales team because it requires a business email address which I don't have.

I don't know which version of Teamviewer is on the MAC that I'm trying to connect to. The woman I'm trying to help downloaded the version available on your webpage 3 weeks ago. This version was apparently not new enough. We attempted to update the version per your instructions and it didn't work.

We worked on this together via **Third Party Product**. She in a nursing home with Covid-19 restrictions. No one can visited her just now. She is 82 years old and that she was able to do as much as she did is truly impressive.

Please find some solution to this problem.

• Akiho
    Akiho Posts: 1,210 Moderator
    edited January 2022

Hello @Volunteer_50,

Thank you for your response✨

Sorry to hear that you couldn't send a request to our sales team.

Instead of the business email, is it possible to use your personal email?

Alternatively, calling our sales team is also available.

You can find the phone number from the link: https://www.teamviewer.com/en/customer-support/

Once you access the website, please click the Contact us button under the Talk to our Sales team.

Hope this would be helpful🍀

If you have any concerns or questions, please don't hesitate to post them in the community.

Best regards,

Akiho

Japanese Community Moderator / コミュニティモデレーター