Why is "Show black screen" always on with Free account?

Options

I would think this feature is for paid plans, so why am I stuck with it on, without the ability to turn it off?

Answers

• JoshP
    JoshP Posts: 897 Community Manager 🌍
    Options

Hello @donmack42

Thank you for your post, and welcome to the TeamViewer community!

I notice that it is also checked in your screenshot the option for Disable remote input is also selected - could you please let me know if you were intending to use this feature?

Please also navigate to the Advanced settings in TeamViewer and then to Advanced settings for connections to other computers. Please let me know if the box for Enable black screen if partner input is deactivated is checked as well:

If it is, please uncheck the box and try again.

While there, please also check the setting for Access Control and make sure that is set to Full Access.

Should the issue persist, we may need to check some settings on the remote device.

I hope this helps!

Josh P.

Senior Community Moderator

---

• donmack42
    donmack42 Posts: 3 ✭✭
    Options

I assume you're referring here to the client machine (i.e., my machine), and yes, those settings match what you have above, so no luck there.

• JoshP
    JoshP Posts: 897 Community Manager 🌍
    Options

Thank you for the clarification.

The above settings would be on the device you are using to connect out to the other device.

Does this happen on all outgoing connections, or just to specific devices?

If this happens only on connections to specific devices, then on the device you are connecting to please ensure the Access Control is set to Full Access in the settings Advanced settings for connections to this computer.

Should the issue persist, the next step would be to uninstall and re-install TeamViewer on the device, including removing the settings.

Thanks in advance for further clarifications!

Josh P.

Senior Community Moderator

---

• donmack42
    donmack42 Posts: 3 ✭✭
    Options

I only use it with the one connection, and I'm positive the other end has Full Access. Would think if I didn't, I wouldn't be able to blank their screen, etc.

At the moment, TeamViewer is acting up on that remote end, with a greyed-out Sign In button, despite it having the login credentials right there. Tried having them reboot, now the password is gone. This is extremely frustrating and makes it very difficult to help out my parent.