The teamviewer installed on a mobile phone doesn't show the ID

leo2fun
leo2fun Posts: 3

Hi,

I'm used to use teamviewer to help my parents manage their mobiles while they are traveling. Yesterday the teamviewer installed on their mobiles stopped showing the ID, so I cannot connect to their mobiles anymore. It happened at the same time on both mobiles.

They are currently in Germany and they are trying to connect using mobile data (not wifi). I don't know which mobile network they are using.

They tried to restart the mobiles, to reinstall the teamviewer quick support or to install the tteamviewer host, but it didn't help.

Is there any idea what is the reason and how to solve the problem?

Thanks a lot.

Answers

• JeanK
    JeanK Posts: 7,029 Community Manager 🌍

Hello @leo2fun,

Did you check if their mobile data provide had connectivity issues yesterday?

Do they still have the issue?

/JeanK

Community Manager

• leo2fun

Hello @JeanK

The issue still exists.

There is no other connectivity issue. Teamviewer.com and other sites can be accessed.

• JeanK

Does TeamViewer load normally in a personal Wifi network?

Community Manager

• leo2fun

Yes, TeamViewer loads normally in the hotel wifi network, but in the cellular network the issue still exists

• JeanK

Interesting... This confirms that the issue is not directly related to TeamViewer itself, but rather to a setting/configuration that your parents' mobile internet service provider are using.

I'd recommend contacting your parents' ISP and asking them if they are blocking something on their side.

Let me know how the research is going!

/JeanK

Community Manager