Teamviewer Host - is there a way to set the password for Teamviewer Free?

Options
virginiasiu
virginiasiu Posts: 4 ✭✭
edited June 2022 in General questions

I notice that in the new version of Teamviewer Host for Android, there is no option to set the password. Is this a feature only for the paid version now?

Best Answer

• virginiasiu
    Answer ✓
    Options

Hi I experimented a bit and got some info from Reddit. Basically the password is essentially obsolete for mobile teamviewer. In the Teamviewer PC settings, there is an option for Easy Access. I believe that in the Mobile Teamviewer Host, this option is enable by default.

When you first open Android Host, it will prompt you to enter the user name and password of your account. To add the device, you would enter the user name, password, and an alias, and then you are prompted for thee 2FA (if you have it setup, you should). Afterwards, you can access Teamviewer from the PC. The entry for the device will have a blank password field.

Answers

• virginiasiu
    Answer ✓
    Options

Hi I experimented a bit and got some info from Reddit. Basically the password is essentially obsolete for mobile teamviewer. In the Teamviewer PC settings, there is an option for Easy Access. I believe that in the Mobile Teamviewer Host, this option is enable by default.

When you first open Android Host, it will prompt you to enter the user name and password of your account. To add the device, you would enter the user name, password, and an alias, and then you are prompted for thee 2FA (if you have it setup, you should). Afterwards, you can access Teamviewer from the PC. The entry for the device will have a blank password field.