chat not working

I can type in the "To" box but I don't know what I'm supposed to type. Nothing comes up. I have a remote connection open to my phone. But hoping to also use the chat function.

Tagged:

Answers

• JenW
    JenW Posts: 1,104 Senior Moderator

Hi @ztyo,

Welcome to the TeamViewer Community! 🥳

The Chat tab in the Full Client enables you to discuss with the contacts already registered in your Computers & Contacts list.

In the search bar "To:", you can tape the username of one of your contact to start a new conversation.

💡 It is also possible to create chat groups with several contacts.

Moreover, if you are already connected to a mobile phone, there is also the possibility to chat within the connection, as shown below 👇 (connection from a Windows device to an iPhone):

If you need further clarification, don't hesitate to come back to us 😊

Best,

Jen

Modératrice Communauté Francophone / French Community Moderator

• ztyo
    ztyo Posts: 8
    edited August 2022

To clarify what I said, nothing comes up when I type the username of the contact for my mobile phone in the search bar labeled "To:".

By "username", I assume you mean the "Alias" shown in the properties for the connection?

I also have no "Audio" or "Chat" options on the side when I'm connected, like you do in your screenshot. It's just blank on the side.

• JenW
    JenW Posts: 1,104 Senior Moderator

Hi @ztyo,

Thank you for your reply 🙌

After running some tests internally, you can only search a username when it's about Contacts and indeed an alias when it's about Computers. However, only registered online computer devices will show up in the pulldown menu.

Concerning the Audio or Chat option that you don't see, could you please give me the version of your Operating System from the local side as well as a screenshot of the connection?

We will await your reply,

Best,

Jen

Modératrice Communauté Francophone / French Community Moderator

• ztyo
    ztyo Posts: 8
    edited August 2022

What does it mean for a computer device to be registered? I have a remote control session open to it, but still can't get it to show up in the chat.

I'm on Windows 10 Pro :

Version 21H2

Installed on ‎2/‎23/‎2021

OS build 19044.1889

Experience Windows Feature Experience Pack 120.2212.4180.0

Device name DESKTOP-MHV3BCE

Processor Intel(R) Core(TM) i5-6200U CPU @ 2.30GHz  2.40 GHz

Installed RAM 8.00 GB

System type 64-bit operating system, x64-based processor

Refer back to original post for screenshot of the chat screen. Thanks