teamviewer.com link icon
or
Ask The Community

Change group owner

You can change the owner of an already created group?

Comments

• I am also seeking to see if there is way to change the owner of a group.

• Scotty
    Scotty Posts: 492 Staff member 🤠

Hi Everyone,

Thanks for posting.

Unfortunately no, there is no way to change the owner of a group. However if you share the group with full control, the devices can be moved into a group owned by a new person. This will also change the assignment on the remote end.

I hope this answers your question.

-Scotty

Senior Moderator
    Did my reply answer your question? Why not accept it as a solution to help others?
  • Will there be a way in the futur to change the ownership of a group? Thanks

• Chr
    Chr Posts: 5

How are TeamViewer coming to the conclution that there should only be one owner of a group, and as asked elsewhere without answer, what do we do if the user that was group owner now has been deleted?

I want to add all new users as access by default to groups as well. This of-course is so fundamental that it's scarry it's currently not supported.

@Scotty wrote:

Unfortunately no, there is no way to change the owner of a group. However if you share the group with full control, the devices can be moved into a group owned by a new person. This will also change the assignment on the remote end.

I hope this answers your question.

That answer is simpy inaduaqate and borderline insulting to your customers

• Aquila
    Aquila Posts: 1

This is so absurd!!! I am the owner of my company and had my first full time employee onboard a client. Oddly, I couldn't find the TeamViewer entry for the client. He had to add me as a contact and then share the group out to me. He couldn't even share the group out to me until he added me as a contact! I am the owner of the account!!! This is truly asinine and almost untenable. Give me a break TeamViewer! No other IT product I use has this bottom up approach to permissions. How did you come up with this?

• Pmartin
    Pmartin Posts: 1

Agree, we're moving away soon as a result of this!