Android: Your Partner Rejected your Connection Request

Options
afeudale
afeudale Posts: 49 ✭✭

Corporate license with Mobile Add-On.

TV Host installed on Samsung Galaxy Fold 2 (or any other device for that matter)

Device Assigned to our account.

KNOX allowed.

"Stay on Top" Allowed

Anytime I try to connect to a device it says "Your Partner Rejected your Connection Request"

I can chat with the device, see apps, etc., but cannot view/control the screen or send/receive files.

Answers

• afeudale
    Options

Also tried installing the "Teamviewer Universal Add-On" and enabling it under Accessibility - same thing, can't connect.

• JeanK
    JeanK Posts: 6,989 Community Manager 🌍
    edited November 2022
    Options

Hello @afeudale,

Great to hear from you again!

A user had the same issue and could solve it this way:

Go to the Android Settings > Application > Host > Display over other apps and tick Grant permission.

Let me know if this has worked for you!

/JeanK

Community Manager

• afeudale
    Options

There is no option to enable Foreground view.

My test case here should be the one example where TV works without issue as it represents a majority of users:

• Samsung device (majority of Android devices are Samsung)
    • Not the latest and greatest device, but not old either

Next suggestion?

• JeanK
    Options

@afeudale sorry I gave you the wrong path.

The right path is Android Settings > Application > Host > Display over other apps and tick Grant permission.

Would you mind checking again?

Also, this issue occurs when the wrong time is set on the smartphone. Could you please ensure the time is correctly set?

/JeanK

Community Manager

• afeudale
    Options

That is literally verbatim of what you wrote in your original reply and I do not have that option. If you're referring to the "stay on top of other apps" option, I do have that and it is ON as I wrote in my original post.

Also, I'm pretty sure mobile devices have always had the "correct time" since the first devices in the 80's because they receive time signals from the cell towers...so I'm not sure what you mean by "the time is correctly set".

I would also like to point out to any potential TV customers that this is the type of support to be expected when you pay thousands of dollars every year for a corporate license (for over 15 years I might add): I've had a support ticket open for over 24 hours with not so much as a reply. I have to rely on forum posts for any semblance of support...what a joke.

• afeudale
    Options

TV Quicksupport works btw, it's just Host that doesn't. Host never gives me the popup for "Allow Screen Sharing" the way that Quicksupport does.

• afeudale
    Options

Just leaving another comment illustrating how TV support = zero. No comments here and very little help from their support staff.

I've been an I.T. service provider for over 20 years and have never dealt with such an arrogant company when it comes to support for a product we shell out thousands every year for. They care less if you get assistance or not.

• JeanK
    Options

Hi @afeudale,

After talking to an engineer, I confirm that this issue might require log analysis.

Please submit a support ticket and attach the log file to it.

Our engineers will be able to have a closer look at the issue.

➜ Submit a ticket

➜ How to find your log files

I hope our engineers will find and fix the issue as soon as possible.

/JeanK

Community Manager

• afeudale
    Options

I've already submitted logs, they analyzed it and still have no idea what the issue is.

Takes 5 days for them to respond to any update on the ticket.

Did I mention Teamviewer support for paid customers is a joke?

• StevenLeeNZ
    StevenLeeNZ Posts: 1 Newbie
    Options

After i followed all the steps mention a bove, finally I have this screen but never get picture from my Android tablet. Anyone can help?