Smartphone Locked Screen = Black Screen: Remote Control Failure?

Options
Jacopissimo
Jacopissimo Posts: 1

Hi!

Sometimes I use TeamViewer Host to remotely help two elderly relatives of mine with their smartphones when they need quick assistance.

While everything normally works just fine with both devices, one of the two (a 7-8 years old Samsung Galaxy Core Prime with Android 5.1.1) recently had to be replaced with a non-obsolete model, a Samsung Galaxy XCover 5 with Android 12, but, unfortunately, despite being way more up to date than the previous, this one suffers a hindrance upon trying to remote control it: it only shows a black screen when locked (please see the attached screenshot on bottom), even when any screen-locking feature is disabled and the only remaining "locking" is the switch button or simply the screen stand-by timer, and there's absolutely nothing I can do until my relative unlocks it himself, something which is not always as immediate as I'd need...

Of course I've already checked that every security permission, app and o.s. setting etc. is properly configured, but this has still not been enough; I've also already tried to solve the issue by disabling any screen locking feature, enabling any Host notification, installing the Universal Add-On and checking for any possible update on both ends but, unfortunately, to no avail: may I please ask for your assistance?

Thanks for your attention and happy new year

P.S.:

LOCAL DEVICE is a

Samsung Galaxy S9+ (SM-G965U)

with Android 9

and TeamViewer Remote Control version 15.37.185

REMOTE DEVICE is a

Samsung Galaxy XCover 5 (SM-G525F-DS)

with Android 12

and TeamViewer Host version 15.37.178

( ಠ ͜ʖರೃ)

Answers

• LidiaKoeln
    LidiaKoeln Posts: 3 ✭✭
    Options

Hi. I have the same problem. It seems that some manufacturers have blocked it via firmware. The others don't. I have had good experiences with the Motorola g6 plus. You can control the device even if it is locked. Remotely, I can just swipe the pattern and unlock the screen.

I've tried several old devices like S4, S4 or S3 mini, A50, A3, Huawei P20 pro - I always have the black screen that I can't unlock via remote maintenance. Coincidentally, as I said, it worked with the Motorolla G6 Plus.

• KlausBodenschatz
    KlausBodenschatz Posts: 2 ✭✭
    Options

I have the same problem with a Samsung A32. All applications and the android system are updated to the latest version.

I now switched the smart lock on, tested a connection and turned it off again. It did not solve the problem.

I now deactivated the eco modus. Teamviewer on my windows PC now shows that the Samsung A32 is connected to the team viewer server. When the Samsung is not locked I can start a remote session and it works.

When the Samsung device is locked by tapping twice on the screen I can not start a session, but get the message that the Samsung device is not connected to the teamviewer server, despite it is still shown as active on the windows PC.

Any idea what I should try next?

• KlausBodenschatz
    KlausBodenschatz Posts: 2 ✭✭
    Options

Uninstalled host and reinstalled it. No change.

When the smartphone is locked and and a session is started it is possible to switch to the unlock screen of the smartphone. The smartphone then shows the login screen but the remote session only shows a black screen.

• Wooty69
    Wooty69 Posts: 3 ✭✭
    Options

• chokopoki
    chokopoki Posts: 2 ✭✭
    Options

Same problem here, sadly by these I can't give support to my mother with her phone without having her all the time unlocking her Samsung phone, is there a trick to solve this?