Failed to assign computer to account in management console, password error message

Matteo_Comune_Piove
Matteo_Comune_Piove Posts: 5 ✭✭
edited January 2023 in General questions
I was trying to assign computers on my network to my teamviewer account via the management console but when it asks me for the password it tells me it's wrong, but it's not at all. The assignment procedure made directly by the client is successful. can you help me?

Best Answer

• Matteo_Comune_Piove
    Answer ✓

Hi.

I had already tried with both passwords you told me about but I was getting the same error.

However, I think I solved it:

the TV version in the client was not updated therefore, after upgrading to the latest version,

the assignment to the account took place immediately without requiring the password.

So the problem is solved for me, thanks a lot for the support.

Have a Good day

Answers

• JeanK
    JeanK Posts: 6,984 Community Manager 🌍

Hi @Matteo_Comune_Piove,

Great to see you posting for the first time! 🚀

Could you please share a screenshot of the error message you get, so I can understand what you are exactly trying to achieve?

Looking forward to your reply.

/JeanK

Community Manager

• Thank you so much Jeank!
    Here is the screenshot, I apologize for the Italian language.
    However, it is possible to see incorrect password errors in the two messages above

• This is a correct image!

• JeanK
    edited January 2023

Thank you for your answer - and no worries about the Italian language; this is totally fine.

I think I spotted the issue you are having.

To assign the device to your account using the method you are showing above, you must enter the personal password set up on the remote device, not the TeamViewer account.

If there is no personal password set up on the remote device, I'd recommend to connect to the device first, and then assign it to your account via the TeamViewer settings, as described in this article: Assign a device to your account. Using this method, you will need to enter your TeamViewer account password.

Let me know if this has worked for you!

/Jean

Community Manager

• Matteo_Comune_Piove
    Answer ✓

Hi.

I had already tried with both passwords you told me about but I was getting the same error.

However, I think I solved it:

the TV version in the client was not updated therefore, after upgrading to the latest version,

the assignment to the account took place immediately without requiring the password.

So the problem is solved for me, thanks a lot for the support.

Have a Good day

• JeanK

That's great news! I'm glad you could solve your issue.

Happy to see you around soon!

/JeanK

Community Manager