Disable | Access Control Details

Options
Tony750
Tony750 Posts: 8 ✭✭

Is there a way to turn off the "Access control details" pop-up? It's causing a lot of frustration.

Answers

• .Carol.fg.
    .Carol.fg. Posts: 1,084 Moderator
    Options

Hi @Tony750,

Thanks for your question!

This pop-up appears when Access Control is set to Custom settings.

To not have any pop-ups, we advise using Access Control set to Full Access. Open the TeamViewer settings by clicking the gear icon Advanced Show advanced options ➜ select Full Access on the fields:

• Advanced settings for connections to this computer.
    • Advanced settings for connections to other computers.

Click OK to save.

💡Hint: This customization can be on the local or remote side; therefore, we advise you to check both.

Let us know how it goes, and if you need any further help. 🙋‍♀️

Best, Carol 👩🏻‍🦰🌷

Portuguese Community Moderator

• Tony750
    Options

It's common sense that if I grant full access, I won't receive this message.

However, my problem is that every day I have to take control of multiple computers and receive a reminder that I only have limited access, which I find inconvenient.

Can we disable it via regedit or advanced-settings ?

• .Carol.fg.
    Options

Hi @Tony750,

Thanks for your reply!

If you have a license with TeamViewer, you can create and apply a policy to change this setting in all your managed devices at once.

• 💡Hint: If your account doesn't have the admin rights to do this configuration, please reach out to your Company Profile's admin for assistance.

Let me know if this helps you, and if there is anything else we can help you with.

Best, Carol 👩🏻‍🦰🌷

• Tony750
    Options

Where can I find these settings?

• .Carol.fg.
    Options

Hi @Tony750,

I linked the articles with the step-by-step of each setting, but below is also a small summary to help you:

To create a settings policy:

1. Log in to the Management Consolehttps://login.teamviewer.com/
    2. Go to Design & Deploy, and in the Policies tab, click on the + button.
      • Select a policy setting and click on Add - the settings you're looking for are Access Control (incoming connections) and Access Control (outgoing connections).
      • On the right-hand side, depending on the item you have chosen, you can configure the setting properly - In your case, please make sure they are both set to Full access.
      • Setting can be removed from the policy by clicking on the bin.
    3. Enter a policy name and press Create.

To assign a policy to multiple devices:

1. Log in to the Management Console: https://login.teamviewer.com/
    2. Go to Design & Deploy, and in the Policies tab, click on Assign TeamViewer policies.
      • Select the devices to which you wish to push the policy. Once the devices are selected, click Next.
      • 📌Note: Devices not available for policy assignment will appear greyed out, and you will not be able to click the checkbox for more information on why hover your mouse over the ⓘ located to the right of the device's listed group.
    3. Select the desired policy from the drop-down, and select Activate.

The Activation report will appear in the next window, detailing the policy assignment process.

Let me know how it goes, and if you need any further help. 🙋‍♀️

Best, Carol 🌷👩🏻‍🦰

• alemanrt
    alemanrt Posts: 10 ✭✭
    Options

@.Carol.fg.

I am still getting this pop-up even I set it to full access! Is this a feature to discourage MSPs from using teamviewer? Because if it is, then you guys succeeded!

• .Carol.fg.
    Options

Hi @alemanrt ,

Thanks for reaching out to our Community!

Did you check both local and remote devices or just your local device?

If both machines are set to Full access and you're still getting this pop-up, we would need more information to try to troubleshoot it.

Could you tell us:

• What is the OS on both sides?
    • What TeamViewer version both sides are using?

If you can also provide screenshots, it would help a lot. 😄

We're looking forward to your reply!

Best, Carol

• alemanrt
    edited May 2023
    Options

Both local and remote machines are all set to full access

local machine version (On windows 10 x64)

remote machine version (Window Server 2012 R2)

• alemanrt
    Options

@.Carol.fg.

No response? I guess this will remain as a useless feature from TeamViewer.

• .Carol.fg.
    Options

Hi @alemanrt ,

Thanks for the additional information, and sorry for the delay in response.

There are a few details I think are important to mention based on your setup:

1. Because the remote side is a Windows server, it's very important that the ID register for unattended access is in fact the Server ID and not the User ID. (More about this topic you can find here. )
    2. Also, Windows 10 Pro (22H2) doesn't seem to be listed in our Supported operating system article. Therefore, I can't guarantee we can find a solution to the case, but there are a few things we can try.

👉 Have you tried to remove the account assignment and re-configure it?

• If you're using the TeamViewer Classic interface, please try to follow the steps here.
    • If you're using the newest TeamViewer Remote interface please follow the steps here.

I'm looking forward to your feedback. 🙋‍♀️

Best, Carol

• alemanrt
    Options
    1. Because the remote side is a Windows server, it's very important that the ID register for unattended access is in fact the Server ID and not the User ID. (More about this topic you can find here. )

-------------------It does not matter if it's windows server or windows desktop.

1. Because the remote side is a Windows server, it's very important that the ID register for unattended access is in fact the Server ID and not the User ID. (More about this topic you can find here. )

------------------- Funny because I have been on 2h22 but never had issues with it prior to upgrading to 15.42.2.

Your answers speak volume to your WHOLE support group. Don't worry about it, we'll be moving away from TeamViewer anyways in couple of months.

• .Carol.fg.
    Options

Hi @alemanrt ,

We're sorry to hear you're leaving TeamViewer soon.

If reconfiguring the account assignment doesn't solve the problem there are a few other things you could try.

Let us know if we can help you with anything else.

Have a great day! 🌷

Best, Carol

• alemanrt
    Options

Thank but no thanks, @.Carol.fg.

Looks nice with all these windows I need to click 😂

• .Carol.fg.
    Options

Hi @alemanrt ,

Thanks for your feedback.

Please know that since you have a Corporate license, you can also reach out to our support team directly for help. 😃

For our user's convenience, we usually recommend opening a ticket, but since you're facing these difficulties for quite a while, I would advise you to call our support team for faster support. They should be able to better analyze your case based on your environment and suggest the most efficient way to get all the devices corrected.

Let us know how it goes, and if you have any further questions.

Best, Carol 🌷