Azure VM TeamViewerExtension not working as expected

Options
Robidog
Robidog Posts: 2 ✭✭

Hi all,

I followed the instructions as outlined in TeamViewer as Azure VM Extensions - TeamViewer Support but the outcome is not as expected.

While TeamViewer Host is installed on the VM sort of ok, it is missing all customizations defined under Design&Deploy on Management Console. I applied config ID and API token, plus Assignment Option "--reassign" to the Extension on Azure. Interestingly, the deployment does not even adhere to the option "Create Desktop Shortcuts: Off" as selected on the Azure extension installation page.

Has anyone had any success with this feature? I deploy the host module with customizations using Intune to endpoints for a while now, which works just fine. On an Azure server VM however it's not working.

Best Answer

• Robidog
    Answer ✓
    Options

Answering my own question here after raising the issue with TeamViewer Support. Apparently this function is broken at the moment with no ETA for a fix. For now, I install the Host module manually in my Azure VMs and assign it to my account. Not a big deal, since it's only a couple of hosts.

Answers

• Robidog
    Answer ✓
    Options

Answering my own question here after raising the issue with TeamViewer Support. Apparently this function is broken at the moment with no ETA for a fix. For now, I install the Host module manually in my Azure VMs and assign it to my account. Not a big deal, since it's only a couple of hosts.