Problem stuck on starting teamviewer...

Options

Hello, I've been trying to install the new teamviewer update for 2 days now but it's still stuck on starting teamviewer

I have already uninstalled and reinstalled

I formatted my pc and it worked for one day

and since this morning it starts again with starting TeamViewer

Answers

• drrakendu78
    drrakendu78 Posts: 4 ✭✭
    Options

Up

• VanJeans
    VanJeans Posts: 2 ✭✭
    Options

I'm having the exact same issue.

I've uninstalled, rebooted and reinstalled on my machine.

Team Viewer is just stuck on this Starting Team Viewer screen whenever I open it since last Thursday.

• drrakendu78
    drrakendu78 Posts: 4 ✭✭
    Options

Hello, I still haven't found a solution to make it work, any idea?

• VanJeans
    VanJeans Posts: 2 ✭✭
    edited May 2023
    Options

No solution, I just followed the solution in this post and reinstalled after the reboot but the issue is still there.

I've setup two new laptops and tried installing it on those in the last few days and it opens fine. There's always some weird error about a proxy warning when you first open it but then it goes to the normal screen after a few seconds.

• AndreasLundqvist
    AndreasLundqvist Posts: 1
    edited June 2023
    Options

Same here, sometimes it starts after a reboot of the computer. Is there any solution for this?

• FlyingMasterChef
    Options

Same issue here. And their support team doesn't seem to care about this one. Mine will actually load maybe once every 100-200 starts. I think it's just the new interface but I could be wrong. Sadly, there is no way to go back to old interface while having this issue. They claim you can do it via the remote app but the screen they show where to do it doesn't exist....at least not anymore. Please someone FIX THIS or tell us how to fix it. I'm tired of having to use the web interface for connecting to my laptop or my friends' computer when fixing things.

• WackedWacko
    WackedWacko Posts: 2 ✭✭
    Options

Completely Uninstall any TeamViewer programs

"Remove Settings" (Radio Box Selected)

Wait for Uninstall to Finish

Install TeamViewer Setup Ful Client “Version 14”

“Basic Installation” (Radio Box Selected)

Wait for Version 14 to fully Install

Select the “Download Arrow”

to the right of “Feedback”

on the top menu bar

“TeamViewer Update” Window will Displayed

Select “Update” Button

“Installing” Window will appeared

Waited to finish

IF “TeamViewer” Window is still open

Select the “Download Arrow” Again

Select “Update” Button < Again

“Downloading TeamViewer” Window will Displayed

Waited to finish

With Timer Countdown

Waited to finish

“Installing” window appeared

Waited to finish

*** Process Finished and is now working ***

• WackedWacko
    WackedWacko Posts: 2 ✭✭
    Options

The Key is NOT to use the New Interface

• DerekL
    DerekL Posts: 3 Newbie
    edited July 11
    Options

I have been disturbed by this issue long time!!!! But Now seems I find a way to solve it!!(kind of)

The problem seems due to the new Interface of Teamviewer is based on web page, so it needs to run WebView2.

When I delete the WebView2 Runtime, and restart the Teamviewer, it works! Looks like without WebView2 Runtime, Teamviewer will automatically runs the old interface.

Then in the Teamviwer Installation path, you have the installation package of WebView2.runtime.(I chose to install it back, because I don't know what else software will use this……)

Last thing to remember is DO NOT use the new interface when you are using Teamviewer. Otherwise you will get stuck by the new web interface again………🤣

Anyway, talking about why the WebView2 runtime failed to work….Honestly I have no idea…….