Can I use Teamviewer in a "closed" network without internet access?

Options
tkirk
tkirk Posts: 7 ✭✭
edited May 2023 in General questions

At work we have a separate network containing some servers and clients for use if **bleep** hits the fan and our main infrastructure is down. This network will not have internet access.

It it possible to use Teamviewer within this network to remote control the clients on this network?

On the clients the solutions seems fine: Incoming Lan Connections - Accept. So far so good.

But I can't find a way to run the full TeamViewer install without an internet connection... When I download and install the latest version of TeamViewer it asks me to log in. While I do have a Teamviewer account and license, I can't log in as long as my admin server / admin computer is on a network without internet access...

Is it not possible to run Teamviewer full version in order to remote control local clients on the same internal network, without logging in? I would like to just be able to start Teamviewer without logging in, and input the ip/password for another computer on my LAN to control it remotely... in other words, full offline use for both me as an admin and the client on another computer on my LAN.

Tagged: